Assistant Engineer [IL]
The Assistant Engineer has responsibilities that include performing transportation or traffic engineering work in the development of traffic signal timing, signal systems management and operations, design plans and specifications, reports, and budget estimates under the direction of senior engineering staff. The position will also require regular coordination with public agencies and consultants. Responsibilities will include representing Iteris at project status meetings with clients and vendors/contractors. You will work with an experienced team developing traffic signal timing plans and traffic operation solutions.
What you will be doing:
- Performing transportation, traffic, or systems engineering work in the development of traffic signal timing, signal systems management and operations
- Design plans and specifications, systems engineering analysis, reports, and budget estimates under the direction of senior engineering staff
- Requires regular coordination with public agencies and other consultants
- Local travel will be required
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Civil Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Transportation Planning, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 0-3 years of experience in transportation engineering, transportation planning, or related field.
- Engineers In Training (EIT) preferred.
Iteris anticipates paying between $60,000 and $70,000 for this role. However, base pay offered may vary depending on job related knowledge, skills, and experience.
What’s in it for you:
- Incentive-based yearly bonus
- 401(k) with immediate matching and no vesting period
- Open Paid-Time-Off [PTO]
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Medical reimbursement plans
- Disability coverage
- Family-friendly programs
- Education assistance program
- In-house training programs
Iteris, Inc. [NASDAQ: ITI] is the world’s trusted technology ecosystem for smart mobility infrastructure management. Delivered through Iteris’ ClearMobility Platform, our cloud-enabled end-to-end solutions monitor, visualize and optimize mobility infrastructure around the world, and help bridge legacy technology silos to unlock the future of transportation. That’s why more than 10,000 public agencies and private-sector enterprises focused on mobility rely on Iteris every day. And we want YOU to join us on this important journey! Visit www.iteris.com for more information, and join the conversation on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Iteris, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender identity and expression, color, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or related conditions (including breastfeeding), national origin/ancestry, religion, military/veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic and group protected by applicable law. Iteris, Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a physical or mental disability. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. A valid driver’s license may be required based on essential duties.
- Job Function Systems
- Pay Type Salary