Radiology Technologist Assistant
Since 2006, our firm’s mission is to help undergraduates and graduates make a seamless transition from campus to their careers. Over the years we have gained an understanding what key skill sets our associates need to succeed after graduation, and what our clients are looking for in their future work force.
With that knowledge, we have developed the Jobologi Program. Jobologi is the science behind getting the perfect job and finding the perfect new hire.
How it works: All associates must be accepted into the program and must complete five experiences during their 6 or 12-month program. The Experiences: Client Work Experience, Team Building Events, Professional Development Workshops, Industry Shadowing, and health and wellness activities that will help our associates understand how to have an equal work life balance. Once all five experiences are completed, all associates will qualify for InternU’s Fingerprints program, providing scholarships or student debt relief.
Jobologi is provided to all our associates at no cost. You are compensated for every experience attended and completed.
Our internU team is seeking an Entry Level Radiology Technologist Assistant.
In this role you will be working internally for internU’s client partner, facilitating, and enhancing the working environment for radiologists by improving workflow to increase efficiency and productivity.
As a Radiology Technologist Assistant, you will gain experience working within the Radiology Department. You will have the opportunity to work with the various healthcare related technologies such as the EHR (Electronic Health Record) System and PACS (Picture Archive and Communication System). You will be interacting with hospital and departmental staff to support patient care efforts. You will be responsible for assigned work areas, complying with hospital and departmental policies and procedures as well as with directives of supervisors, and lastly, interacting with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with the core values of the hospital.
- Assists technologists with patients when required.
- Escort the patients to the procedure room.
- Assists in lifting and positioning the patients for related studies.
- Communicates effectively with the patient.
- Complies with policies and procedures of the University, Hospital, Department and Division.
- Demonstrates reliability in meeting deadlines and completing responsibilities. Exercises good judgement in the care and use of equipment and supplies and other hospital property.
- Complies with the directives of supervisors and supports the activities of co-workers to provide the highest quality service in a cost-effective manner.
- Takes responsibility of his/her assigned area.
- Recognizes what needs to be done and takes action. Adjusts to changes in the work environment quickly and without complaint.
- Conducts continuous assessment of equipment safety and performance.
- Recognizes equipment malfunctions and informs supervisor. Takes equipment out of service when justified by malfunction or safety hazard.
- Provides user maintenance and quality assurance testing of equipment in assigned area(s) as required.
- Coordinate/dispatch in and outpatient studies if required.
- Exhibits a professional appearance and conduct at all times, while displaying a high work ethic (both quality and volume) and exhibits a high level of personal and professional energy.
- Embodies behaviors that support the University’s guest relations program.
- Works Effectively with others toward common unit goals.
- Establishes and sustains a positive impact on others.
- Maintains a work environment that is clean, orderly and safe for patients, visitors, students and employees.
- Maintains the confidentiality of patient information and uses discretion when interacting and communicating with patients.
- Participates in QA and PI activities and actively works to improve quality of services, cost effectiveness of operations, teamwork, and quality of work environment.
- Participates in in-service training.
- Performs necessary clerical duties.
- Prepares patient and room before and after imaging procedure.
- Properly enters patient data and exam data into the Radiology Information System.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of computer-based information systems as required.
- Provides basic patient care as required. Utilizes appropriate patient lifting/moving devices as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Hours: 1:00PM – 9:00PM Monday through Friday
Preferred: Associates/Bachelors degree in related
- Job Family Healthcare
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Philadelphia, PA, USA