Behavior Technician Overnights - Tucson, AZ (Multiple Locations)
Looking to build a lasting career? Join a team that is inclusive and embraces all individuals. Intermountain Centers is one of the largest statewide behavioral health and integrated care organizations in Arizona. What does building a lasting career look like?
- Top-level compensation packages
- Exceptional health, dental, and disability benefits
- Career and compensation advancement programs
- Student loan forgiveness programs
- 401k company match
- Bilingual pay differential
- Holiday, PTO and employer paid life insurance
- Clinical licensure supervision and reimbursement
- Evidence-based treatment approaches, training, and supervision
- One of the first fully vaccinated COVID-19 workplaces in Arizona
Intermountain Centers and its statewide affiliates, Community Partners Integrated Healthcare, Pinal Hispanic Council, Intermountain Health Center, Intermountain Foster Care, Behavioral Consultation Services and MHRI Housing are currently recruiting career-minded individuals interested in opportunities within the largest adult and child service continuum in Arizona.
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Behavior Technician is a residential program team member providing direct care and supervision of members in a Behavioral Health residential or inpatient setting and in the community, while implementing Intermountain’s applied behavioral program.
- Attends to member’s physical and/or self-care needs, to include rendering emergency aid, safeguards member rights, including reporting of abuse when required.
- Implements treatment goals, including acquisition skills, replacement skills, and deceleration skills, safety/crisis plans, crisis management techniques and utilizes interventions based on Positive Behavioral Support.
- Collects, completes, corrects, and re-completes consistent and reliable individualized data, including ongoing behavior tracking data and required daily reports. Completes data collection from point sheets and behavior data sheets.
- Adheres to all licensing requirements for the site/program/agency.
- Transports members to locations in the community, such as doctor appointments or recreational activities, using a motor vehicle. Maintains ADOT required vehicle documentation. Maintains cleanliness and maintenance protocols for agency vehicles.
- Follows agency purchasing and accounting procedures. Maintains cleanliness of, and follows maintenance protocols for, the residential site.
- Follows medication protocols, including documentation, observation of self-administration; blood borne pathogens precautions; and medication counts. Conducts medication training for clients.
- Plans, shops for and prepares nutritious meals for clients; teaches and assists clients in the processes if required at the residential location.
- Regularly observes members at the site, or in the community, to ensure their safety, and appropriate participation in program activities; conducts regular alarm checks.
- Completes daily reports, progress notes, incident reports and communication log; completes assigned filing and file audits.
- Attends Children and Family Team (CFT) and/or Adult Recovery Team (ART) meetings as assigned. Attends regularly scheduled House Meetings, All Staff Meetings (1/mo.) and other meetings as required.
- Completes all training required by licensing and/or agency, or as requested by supervisor.
- Reports to assigned site/members as scheduled; follows agency attendance policies; submits accurate record of hours worked on a weekly basis.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or necessary as they relate to the general nature of the position.
- Education – High school diploma or GED required. Associates degree preferred.
- Experience – Six months of related experience preferred. 6 weeks of verifiable supervised behavioral health work experience preferred, company will provide if necessary.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- DPS Level I fingerprint clearance (must possess upon hire and maintain throughout employment).
- CPR, First Aid, AED certification, if required (must possess upon hire and maintain throughout employment).
- Current, valid Arizona Driver’s License and 39-month Motor Vehicle Report and proof of vehicle registration liability insurance to meet insurance requirements.
- Initial current negative TB test result, if required (Employer provides).
Questions about this position? Contact us at HR@ichd.net.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Tucson, AZ, USA