Bilingual Speech Therapist - Early Intervention
This position is full time at 32-36 hours/week. It is paid at an hourly rate of $35/hr.
Imagine! is a nonprofit with a goal of helping people aspire to, and achieve, a fulfilling life of new possibilities by providing support services to individuals with intellectual disabilities and developmental disabilities (IDD). We are located in the Denver / Boulder metro area and support Boulder and Broomfield counties.
OUR MISSION: Creating a world of opportunity for all abilities.
Our services are community-based and mission-driven. We value creativity, innovation, and teamwork. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, flexible work schedules, comfortable/casual work environments, and meaningful and rewarding work with friendly, supportive co-workers.
If you are a current Imagine! employee, you must apply through the Careers tab in DayForce.
Purpose of Position
To provide comprehensive speech language therapy services to Spanish speaking children and families enrolled in Dayspring services. Consult with Dayspring staff and families regarding speech language therapy techniques and provides parent education, direct services, and home programs to children and their families.
- Provide comprehensive assessment and consultation; design therapeutic interventions/activities for Spanish speaking children and families enrolled in Dayspring services.
- Travel to participants’ homes, daycare, and other community-based sites to deliver services.
- Develop a variety of activities that support Dayspring’s philosophy that children learn through play.
- Recognize and respect individual needs of each child and family and tailors services and supports to meet those needs.
- Contribute to the development of the individual family service plan. This may include addressing all areas of development and writing developmental outcomes. Ensure services and supports are provided as requested on the child’s IFSP or on the Request for Dayspring Services Form.
- Consult with Dayspring staff, parents, caregivers, service coordinators, and daycare providers to share developmental information and therapeutic techniques.
- Participate in case review, team, and general staff meetings.
- Refer family to service coordinator to assist families in accessing additional funding, or services.
- Ensure complete and accurate documentation, including assessments, initial summaries, progress notes, transition reports, and home programs.
- Promote community capacity building and collaboration.
- Work collaboratively and treat others with respect & dignity.
- Maintain weekly attendance records.
- Participate in Dayspring program development and program evaluation.
- Contribute to the financial viability of the program through maintaining billable hours, as required.
- This position requires regular use of a personal vehicle with liability insurance that meets Imagine! standards.
- Participate in research projects, grants, and agency and interagency committees.
- Participate in Child Find screenings/assessments as requested by family or Imagine! staff.
- Supervise volunteers, undergraduate, and graduate student interns.
- Maintain therapy materials, toys, and equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Solid knowledge of child development, motor, cognition, social emotional and self-help areas.
- Expert knowledge of speech-language, oral motor, and feeding. Skill in assessment, and in designing and implementing therapeutic techniques.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art “best practices” services and supports for people with development disabilities.
- Knowledge of Hanen technique.
- Ability to interact with children at developmentally appropriate levels.
- Solid knowledge of laws regarding early intervention as well as abuse and neglect; ability to report any situation which warrants social services involvement.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks/goals for self and others.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with individuals and groups at all professional levels. Ability to meet documentation requirements and uphold standards of confidentiality.
- Basic sign language skills.
- Ability to work effectively with various technology including word processing software, internet based databases, email, etc.
- Based on the ACTFL Proficiency Guidelines, proficiency at or above Intermediate High in spoken and written Spanish language.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and ability to meet Imagine! driving requirements.
- This position requires regular use of a personal mobile device such as a smartphone or tablet.
- Masters degree in Speech Language Pathology.
- Certificate of Clinical competence (CCC) or the ability to obtain the CCC within the first year of employment.
- Special service endorsement type E certification through the Colorado Department of Education or willingness to obtain within the first year of employment
- Meets requirements for Certificate of Clinical Competence as set by ASHA
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Requires the ability to travel to various locations to meet with families, providers, etc.
- Effective with shifting roles, responsibilities, and expectations in a changing environment.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Benefits offered for full-time, eligible employees:
- Flexible work schedule options including hybrid (or work from home) options .
- Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance (multiple plan options, with benefits-eligibility starting at 20+hrs)
- Company-paid Life Insurance and AD&D + Long Term Disability
- Optional Voluntary Life Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan 403(b) with company match
- Ten Paid Holidays
- Vacation and Sick Leave + Paid Wellbeing Days
- Child Care Discount Program
- Flexible Spending Account for Child/Dependent Care and Medical Expenses
- EcoPass (free, unlimited regional public transportation pass – bus, light rail)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance
- Click Here for a Virtual 2022 Benefits Summary
Equal Employment Opportunity – Valuing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
Imagine! is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws governing Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We strive to foster a just, equitable, and inclusive workplace. We also recognize the value of diversity within our organization, and want to employ a workforce that effectively supports the diverse communities we serve. Unlawful discrimination in employment because of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, hair style or texture, genetic information, or other characteristics protected by applicable laws is strictly prohibited.
- Pay Type Salary
- Hiring Rate $35.00
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- Boulder County, CO, USA