Business Systems Analyst
The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for working with various stakeholders and subject matter experts across the enterprise to translate business needs into clear, actionable requirements. They work closely with members of the business and development team to identify problems or opportunities, generate solutions, and document these findings in a way that everyone can understand. The business systems analyst has a knack for understanding process and excels at identifying process improvements and automating processes where possible. They dig into the requirements of a solution so that they can be communicated and planned for by the agile team. They determine acceptance criteria and test scenarios to be used by the team when the solution is complete to know it was accomplished successfully. The business systems analyst also helps to organize, prioritize, and groom the technology backlog to optimize time to market, business results and reduce wasted efforts. Over time, they gain knowledge and expertise from across the business that can be used to drive highly effective process and data flows to help the organization gain efficiency.
- Understand the business domain, processes, and requirements
- Understand business processes and objectives, and how they relate to systems and technology
- Engage with stakeholders to elicit, analyze, document, and validate requirements for new features or products
- Work with external 3rd parties as needed to define API’s, interfaces, business rules and process for interaction with their solutions.
- Work with development teams to ensure that requirements are understood and testable, and that solutions meet business needs.
- Help shape product vision and strategy by providing input on market trends, competitive landscape, customer feedback, and user research.
- Support the technology product owner in maintaining the product backlog, writing user stories, and defining acceptance criteria.
- Create prototypes and mockups to help visualize proposed solutions.
- Conduct usability testing to gather feedback on design concepts.
- Write detailed documentation to support the development and launch of new features.
- Monitor key metrics after launch to identify areas for improvement.
- Assist with troubleshooting and root cause analysis when issues arise.
- Keep up to date with latest industry trends and share knowledge with team members.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve process and tools.
- Perform cost-benefit analysis to justify proposed system changes.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business, computer science, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience as a business analyst or product owner, preferably on agile software development projects.
- 3+ years of experience working in financial services, banking, or lending.
- Proven ability to understand and document business processes.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Strong facilitation and communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with technical and non-technical staff at all levels.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Visio, with working knowledge of Microsoft Azure DevOps or equivalent management tools.
- Experience with Agile modeling techniques, such as user stories, use cases, activity diagrams, etc.
- Experience working in an Agile environment using Scrum or Kanban.
- Familiarity with SQL or other database query languages.
TCM Bank, N.A. embraces the diversity of its applicants and employees and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
TCM Bank is located in Tampa, FL. This is a remote opportunity. If living outside of the area, travel expectations would be at least 4 times (over-night travel) per year. Qualified candidates located in the states where we do business will be considered: AL, AZ, DC, FL, GA, IA, KY, MD, MA, MO, NE, NC, OH, OR, PA, SC, TX, & VA.
No sponsorships available for this position.
Principals Only. No Agencies Please.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $70,948.00
- Max Hiring Rate $78,754.00
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 25