Client Data Specialist - NCSH Residential
HealthRIGHT 360 gives hope, builds health, and changes lives for people in need by providing comprehensive, integrated, compassionate care that includes primary medical care, mental health services, and substance use disorder treatment.
HealthRIGHT 360 offers residential treatment services designed to serve individuals and families with substance use disorders and co-occurring mental health disorders. Our program helps clients address addiction and related issues, increase skills, manage stressors, connect to supportive service, and build a foundation for lasting recovery. Residential programs run 24/7 and Individual and group therapy, family therapy, individualized case management, treatment planning, drug and alcohol counseling, Medication support services, and crisis intervention.
Benefits and perks:
- HR360 offers a robust benefits package, including PTO, 15 paid holidays, commuter benefits, retirement plans, and more!
- Employees qualify for public loan forgiveness programs
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Work with mission driven, compassionate colleagues and make a difference every day in the work that you do.
This is a union position.
Responsible for all billing, internal tracking and reconciliation tasks related to the North County Serenity House programs. Confirms and verifies the accuracy of data, prepares documents, identifies and interprets data to be entered and maintains effective records. Accurately maintains up-to-date client data in the Electronic Health Record (EHRS) and Payor systems in order to process claims in a timely manner. The Client Data Specialist verifies clients’ healthcare benefits and eligibility to determine the correct payor for claim submission. The Client Data Specialist will establish and maintain relationships with the respective programs to ensure timely submission of client data within the system. Responsible for all county system updates related to staff and clients assigned to programs. Responsible in the effective and successful transition of any county required electronic systems.
Contacts preparers of source documents to resolve questions, inconsistencies, or missing data.
Confirms accuracy of data such as course numbers, days, dates, times, locations, and instructors.
Compares data entered with source documents.
Reviews and assists staff with making necessary corrections to information entered.
Compiles, sorts, and verifies accuracy of data to be entered.
Enters all billing into County systems and maintains internal tracking system for all county submissions.
Ensures correct pay sources are created, set-up and changes are completed, reviewed and submitted in EHRS and county systems.
Follows-up on all pending claims and corrects and inputs denied claims on a regular basis.
Monitors the consistency of client information between systems to ensure reimbursement of claims.
Communicates effectively with clinical staff and management team regarding corrections needed in client chart.
Responsible for monthly reconciliations.
- Checks Medi-Cal eligibility for new clients and on a monthly basis for all clients.
Maintains confidential information.
- Performs all duties and projects as assigned, by or before the specific due dates.
Education and Knowledge, Skills and AbilitiesEducation and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two Years previous experience with data entry in healthcare.
- Knowledge of healthcare service claiming workflow, preferably in Behavioral healthcare.
- Previous work experience working with spreadsheets.
- Strong math skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Type 45 wpm.
- Experience with healthcare Electronic Health Record Systems.
- Experience with San Diego County Behavioral Health Services and the county electronic systems.
- Culturally competent and able to work with a diverse population.
Ability to independently problem-solve, as well as analyze and resolve complex issues related to billing.
- Ability to prioritize extremely time sensitive documentation submissions.
- Skilled in being very detail and results oriented.
Knowledge and respect of all confidentiality issues.
- Ability to enter data into various electronic systems while maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the data.
Proven organizational and time management skills.
- Professionalism, punctuality, flexibility and reliability are imperative.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Integrity to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Outstanding ability to follow-through with tasks and meet established deadlines.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively as part of interdisciplinary team and independently assume responsibility.
- Strong initiative and enthusiasm and willingness to pitch in whenever needed.
- Able to communicate well at all levels of the organization including working with organization leadership and high-level representatives of partner organizations.
- Able to work within a frequently changing project scope while maintaining overall direction and structured priorities.
- Self-motivated, dependable, creative and proactive approach to work; understands the importance of working independently and within a team environment.
Openness to and comfort with change; and the ability to facilitate change in others.
High degree of self-awareness and self-regulation.
Acts with a sense of urgency to ensure the highest quality of care possible for our clients.
- Ability and willingness to learn new systems, topics, and methods.
- Dependable automobile and insurance, registration and valid California Driver’s License.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
In compliance with the California Department of Public Health's mandate, all employees must be able to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Medical and religious exemptions are available.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $18.00
- Max Hiring Rate $25.00
- Escondido, CA 92026, USA