Data Analytics Engineer
The Data Analytics Engineer designs and constructs enterprise-wide data and information architecture to support business intelligence efforts. The engineer must manage the balance of current and future needs in both design and content. They will engineer and implement data warehouse concepts and business intelligence solutions. Will partner with the business and management to prioritize data and information requirements and will help determine strategic direction.
Essential Job Duties:
- Partner with business stakeholders to define reporting requirements
- Design, build and maintain databases
- Build, monitor and support ETL processes
- Write SQL scripts
- Work with analytic tools
- Develop reporting, analytics and dashboards
- Write documentation
- Build and apply best practices
- Help drive awareness/training, educate and provide data solutions to varied levels and use cases
- Strong understanding and experience working with relational databases, especially in Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of data modeling, ETL technologies (T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS) and data warehouse design theory (Kimball data modeling/Inmom)
- Experience building solutions in Power BI
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple projects
- Detail oriented and organized
- Self motivated
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team of technical professionals
- Desire for continued education and certification as it relates to the position
- Experience/knowledge of agile project management methodologies
- Minimum of an Associate degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or other related technical discipline, plus minimum of two years developing business intelligence solutions.
Hoffmaster Group Inc.
Learn more about our multiple locations!
At Hoffmaster, we believe every person deserves to feel successful. That’s why we provide a total rewards package designed to support our employee’s success –at work, at home, and in life. This includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurances, Student loan and Tuition assistance, physical and mental wellness programs, Paid vacation and holidays, Employee Assistance Program, and more!
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Job Family Information System
- Pay Type Salary
- Telecommute % 100