Paper Winder Machine Operator
2nd Shift 3pm-11pm
Climate controlled, clean facility looking for machine operators!
Pay starts at $16/hour+
Full-time position with benefits. (Included below)
Competitive wage progression program and opportunities for advancement.
Get paid and help save the oceans!
Apply today and help us put an end to plastic straw use - the sea turtles thank you!
You will load paper rolls onto the spool and feeds the end into the machine. The machine winds the paper into a tube and cuts it to length before ejecting it onto a conveyor. You will inspect the straws and pack them into a box for the next operation or shipment. You will make technical adjustments to the machine and ensure the line stays clear of the excess product while monitoring the operation. Through the shift, you will track your production and perform required daily maintenance on the machine.
About the Company:
Aardvark creates straws using natural papers, that are more sustainable and more durable than any other paper straw on the market. Today, these straws can be found throughout the world. In response to the growing anti-plastic movement only FDA-compliant food-grade, marine-degradable and compostable materials are used.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance plans
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Promotes from within
- Paid Holidays
- Paid vacation
- Referral Program
Full Job Description
- Perform all set-up process steps to load, operate, and change over a paper winding machine
- Perform all change over process steps to load, operate, and tear down a paper winding machine
- Perform various hand on operations that may include loading & unloading machines, packing, cleanup and assembly
- Meet quality and efficiency standards
- Operate multiple machines simultaneously
- Follow written procedures related to the process you are assigned to perform. These instructions will be provided in written format (i.e. OMS Sheets, SQF quality procedures, and written company policies)
- Read work order specifications and can verify dimensions with various measuring devices
- Perform various tasks assigned by the department lead, scheduler, supervisor, and management
- Attendance in safety training programs is required
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts
- Additional duties as assigned by the supervisor
This might be the job for you if you…
- Are self-motivated with outstanding decision-making skills
- Have organizational and good time management skills
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good attitude and attendance
- Be willing to learn new things
- Have good hand-eye coordination
- Have a basic understanding of mechanical equipment and mechanisms
- Have the ability to work scheduled overtime
To apply, please upload a resume and complete an online application at http://www.hoffmastergroupinc.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Hoffmaster Group Inc.
Learn more about our multiple locations!
At Hoffmaster, we believe every person deserves to feel successful. That’s why we provide a total rewards package designed to support our employee’s success –at work, at home, and in life. This includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurances, Student loan and Tuition assistance, physical and mental wellness programs, Paid vacation and holidays, Employee Assistance Program, and more!
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Job Family Manufacturing
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Aardvark Straws, 7310 Innovation Blvd, Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States of America