IT Systems Analyst, Caseworthy
Goodwill's Mission: Transforming the lives of the individuals with disabilities and other barriers through pathways to independence and the power of work.
Serves as a subject matter expert and primary administrator of Goodwill Columbus’ Case Management System (CMS) Caseworthy. Ensures optimal functioning and use of CMS. Takes point to stand-up actionable data that measures key performance metrics, in order to guide business decisions.
Essential Job Functions
- Collaborates with business leaders to translate CMS-related requirements into detailed specifications and implements approved specifications in production environment.
- Researches and resolves CMS problems, i.e. unexpected results or process flaws, determining root cause and recommending a solution that effectively leverages technology.
- Writes, maintains, and updates system configuration, workflows, tables, and reports to align with evolving business needs.
- Monitors system outputs on an appropriate cadence to ensure data integrity.
- Recommends process improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes and/or variations from established procedures to maximize the utilization of the CMS. Utilizes a project planning tool to manage and document approved projects. Regularly updates business leaders on developing technology that could impact business results.
- Trains employees and management to leverage CMS, using methods to ensure transfer of learning, on both a scheduled and as needed basis.
- Assists all levels of management to develop and run reports from CMS platform providing timely, actionable data to meet business needs.
- Facilitates providing compliance-related data in the required format, i.e. ACA, AAP, 403B.
- Serves as primary contact with Caseworthy support and configuration teams.
- Acts as back-up to other Systems Analysts and IT department roles.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Occasional lifting of computer equipment and electronic equipment climb ladders, crawl under desks and in tight spaces.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience – An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- 3 - 5 years of experience as a CMS analyst/administrator/technician; information systems analyst/technician; or other related positions.
- Relevant certifications in IT, computer science, or business administration desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities which may be representative, but not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Intermediate knowledge of computer networks and Windows operating systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of CMS systems
- Knowledge of relational databases, report query languages, and /or structured query language. Extensible Markup language or Extensible Stylesheet Language transformations a plus.
- Strong customer service skills with laser focus approach to meet customers’ needs.
- Project management and documentation skills.
- Clear verbal communication skills and ability to give and follow written and oral instructions. Ability to communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly and professional manner.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- Exposed to moderate noise levels in an office environment.
- Hybrid role – Up to 40% Work-From-Home (WFH) eligible (2 days per week)
Physical Abilities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be able to sit and work effectively at a desk or workstation.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination to work on computer, telephone, and related office equipment.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.
Issued: ________________ Approved: ____________________________
Annual Review: ______________ Approved: ____________________________
Employee: ____________________________ Date: ______________
At Goodwill, we'll help you reach your potential while you help others reach theirs. Want to enjoy coming to work? So do we!
Our full-time benefits include:
- Promotion and Growth Opportunities
- Company paid life and long-term disability insurance
Health, Dental and Vision insurance the 1st of the month after 30 days
Voluntary life, short-term disability, accident, and critical illness
Paid time off
- Employee Discount at all Goodwill Columbus Stores
Goodwill Columbus is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information, we invite you to visit our website at www.goodwillcolumbus.org
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $60,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $65,000.00
- Columbus, OH, USA