Assistant Area Manager
Goodwill's Mission: Transforming the lives of the individuals with disabilities and other barriers through pathways to independence and the power of work.
Oversee daily operations performed in the assigned area of the Business Services unit to ensure proper delivery of contracted services.
Essential Job Functions
- Supervise a staff of supervisors and front-line employees. Provide training and input on disciplinary actions. Assist with hiring assigned staff.
- Monitor equipment and supplies to ensure staff have the necessary resources to complete the contract specifications.
- Develop and implement audit checklists and document audit findings in accordance with contract and organization requirements. Inspect all buildings for quality standards and contract compliance.
- Maintain effective relationships with clients, attend regular meetings with Area Managers, and assist with completing site questions or concerns.
- Assist with scheduling and maintaining appropriate staffing levels of all assigned building.
- Provide real time direction to employees based on performance.
- Monitor day to day operations are in line with annual budget for assigned contracts.
- Regularly communicate with site supervisors and staff to resolve issues and concerns.
- Maintain an on-call status to respond to emergencies
Ancillary Job Functions
- Maintain all required paperwork, such as SDS sheets, employee files and site logs/reports.
- Ensure accuracy of time worked data and completion prior to sending to the payroll department.
- Provide a safe work environment and communicate safety information to employees to keep workers’ compensation claims to a minimum.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Education and Experience – An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum two years of experience in a supervisory role in a related field.
- Minimum three years of experience in the security field.
- Must have valid OH driver’s license and personal auto insurance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities which may be representative, but not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Ability to operate necessary machines and equipment.
- Knowledge of cost-control and budgetary measures.
- Clear verbal communication skills and ability to give and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- Exposed to moderate noise levels and fumes or airborne particles..
- Exposure to varying, inclement outdoor weather conditions.
Physical Abilities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination to work on computer and related office equipment.
- Must be able to stand, walk, reach, bend, balance, grasp and push.
- Will perform repetitive wrist, hand and/or finger movement.
- Regularly lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds; heavier lifting is occasionally required.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.
I understand that:
- This job description provides a general summary of the position in which I am employed.The contents of this job description are job requirements and, at this time, I know of no limitations which would prevent me from performing these functions with or without reasonable accommodation. I further understand that it is my responsibility to inform my supervisor at any time that I am unable to perform these functions.
- Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind, and that my employment is at-will.
- I have read and understand this job description.
At Goodwill, we'll help you reach your potential while you help others reach theirs. Want to enjoy coming to work? So do we!
Our full-time benefits include:
- Promotion and Growth Opportunities
- Company paid life and long-term disability insurance
Health, Dental and Vision insurance the 1st of the month after 30 days
Voluntary life, short-term disability, accident, and critical illness
Paid time off
- Employee Discount at all Goodwill Columbus Stores
Goodwill Columbus is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information, we invite you to visit our website at www.goodwillcolumbus.org
- Pay Type Salary
- Columbus, OH, USA