Pouring Back Finisher
Job Title: Pouring Back Finisher
Department: Casting/Pouring Crew
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Performs all general laborer construction-type duties in the fabrication process to produce both structural pre-stressed and architectural precast concrete products such as concrete columns, beams, decks, walls and floor panels used to construct highway bridges, office buildings, multi-story parking garages, industrial facilities and more.
- Clean/Prep molds for concrete.
- Level concrete with rake/screed board.
- Remove nails/frame work needed to finish concrete.
- Level concrete with bull float, magnesium float or steel trowel.
- Use steel trowel/hand held machines.
- Know when to broom finish or steel trowel concrete.
- Work for long periods of time in awkward positions troweling concrete.
- Safety being a high priority while working
Education & Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required. On-the- job training offered. Precast/construction experience preferred, but not required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, twist, walk, must be able to use various hand tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance on elevated surfaces; and stoop, kneel, squat, crouch or crawl. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis. Constant and continual medium to heavy manual, physical labor is required for this position.
Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) such as work boots, hard hats, work gloves, safety glasses, respirators (if required), and hearing protection. This is an indoor/outdoor work environment: Exposure to sun, heat, humidity, cold, wind, light rain, sand, and dust. Works close by and exposed to moving construction vehicles such as forklifts, front-end loaders, cranes and tractor-trailers. Works close by and exposed to machinery such as welding machines, vibrators, stressing jacks, and concrete mixers.
- Life and Accident insurance
- Legal Shield/Identity theft protection
- 401(k) with company match
- Medicare, Retirement planning, and Social Security assistance
- On-demand pay
- Educational Expense reimbursement
- Employee Assistance program
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick time
- Paid Maternity leave
- Paid holidays
GATE Precast is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace
For more information about us, please visit our website at www.gateprecast.com
- Job Family PRECAST PLANT
- Pay Type Hourly
- 810 Sawdust Trail, Kissimmee, FL 34744, USA