Carpenter / Mold Builder
Job Title: Carpenter Department: Production
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Job Summary: This position is responsible for assembling custom designed production forms to blueprint specifications
- Reads production drawings/blueprints and construct wooden forms and block outs with close tolerance to specifications
- Must have clear knowledge of basic measurements and the ability to read a tape measure within 16th of an inch.
- Must be able to use a wide variety of tools, including but not limited to: staple gun, brad nailer, hammer, measuring tape, pneumatic nail gun, pneumatic palm sander, and circular saws.
- Maintains good housekeeping and follows Gate Precast safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment.
- Performs additional duties as requested or required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent sales and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, twist, walk, must be able to use various hand tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance on elevated surfaces; and stoop, kneel, squat, crouch or crawl. The noise level in the work environment can be loud at times. The employee must be able to lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Constant and continual medium to heavy manual, physical labor is required for this position
- Life and Accident insurance
- Legal Shield/Identity theft protection
- 401(k)with company match
- Medicare, Retirement planning, and Social Security assistance
- On-demand pay
- Educational Expense reimbursement
- Employee Assistance program
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick time
- Paid Maternity leave
- Paid Holidays
GATE Precast is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace
For more information about us, please visit our website at: www.gateprecast.com
- Job Family PRECAST PLANT
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $16.00
- Max Hiring Rate $23.00
- 2440 S Alabama Ave, Monroeville, AL 36460, USA