JOB TITLE: Production Laborer
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Starting Rate: $18
SUMMARY: Performs all general laborer construction type duties in the fabrication process to produce large structural pre-stressed concrete products. (Examples: concrete columns, beams, decks, walls and floor panels used to construct highway bridges, office buildings, multi-story parking garages, condominiums, industrial facilities).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sets up, cleans and prepares production bed for pouring concrete.
- Ties in place steel tension cables and steel reinforcement bars.
- Assists in pouring, spreading concrete; operates vibrators; smoothes and finishes concrete surfaces with trowels, brooms, & rakes.
- Using gas torches cuts out finished products; assists cranes by attaching lifting devices to remove product from production bed.
- Maintains good housekeeping and follows Gate Precast safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment.
- Performs additional duties as requested or required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, twist, walk, must be able to use various hand tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance on elevated surfaces; and stoop, kneel, squat, crouch or crawl. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.Constant and continual medium to heavy manual, physical labor is required for this position.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) such as work boots, hard hats, work gloves, safety glasses, and hearing protection. This is an indoor/outdoor work environment: Exposure to sun, heat, humidity, cold, wind, light rain, sand, and dust.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required. On-the-job training offered. Precast/construction experience preferred, but not required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Gate Precast is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected status, consistent with federal, state, and local equal opportunity laws.
- Job Family PRECAST PLANT
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $18.00
- Travel Required No
- 402 Zoo Pkwy, Jacksonville, FL 32226, USA