Job Title: Polisher
Reports To: Supervisor
Effective Date: Immediate Openings
Performs initial and intermediate fabrication processes of all precast GATE by DEX products starting with cured product, to product that is polished and ready for finishing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fabrication process of all precast products excluding tile to include: Initial polishing, Filling pores or holes with selected materials.
- Repair of chips, blemishes, and cracks.
- Final polishing after repairs and fills.
- Saw cuts and cutouts when necessary.
- Inspection of product to templates or drawings prior to polishing to assure accuracy in polishing details and final product dimensions.
- Fabrication of all products to GATE by DEX quality standards.
- Dry fitting of all custom products to assure proper installation and fitting.
- Check for anchor installation for all sinks and drains. Reports missing anchors to project manager.
- Performs regular maintenance of all polishing tools.
- Ability to work as a team player and communicate effectively.
- Maintains good housekeeping and follows GATE by DEX safety procedures and policies at all times.
- Performs additional duties as requested or required.
- Schedule is Monday-Friday 7AM-3:45PM with occasional Saturdays as needed. Overtime required as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required.
- On-the- job training offered.
- Precast/construction experience preferred, but not required.
Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) such as work boots, hard hats, work gloves, safety glasses, and hearing protection. This is an indoor/outdoor work environment: Exposure to sun, heat, humidity, cold, wind, light rain, sand, and dust.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, twist, walk, must be able to use various hand tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance on elevated surfaces; and stoop, kneel, squat, crouch or crawl. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Constant and continual medium to heavy manual, physical labor is required for this position.
- Life and Accident insurance
- Legal Shield/Identity theft protection
- 401 (k) with company match
- Medicare, Retirement planning, and Social Security assistance
- On-demand pay
- Educational Expense reimbursement
- Employee Assistance program
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick time
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid holidays
Gate Precast is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace
Gate Precast is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected status, consistent with federal, state, and local equal opportunity laws.
- Job Family PRECAST PLANT
- Pay Type Hourly
- 800 Wharton Dr SW, Atlanta, GA 30336, USA