Senior Associate, Regulatory Filings
Fortitude Reinsurance Company Ltd. (Fortitude Re) is one of the world’s leading providers of legacy reinsurance solutions. They work with the world’s leading insurance companies to help them execute comprehensive, transformational solutions for legacy Life & Annuity and P&C lines. Fortitude Re manages a general account of approximately $55 billion across life, annuity, and property & casualty insurance products. The company takes a long-term view on growth and is proud to be backed by a consortium of sophisticated institutional investors led by The Carlyle Group and T&D Insurance Group. Incorporated under the laws of Bermuda on January 1, 2017, Fortitude Re’s roots in the insurance industry and the experience of their leadership go back many decades. Fortitude Re’s leadership team has an average industry tenure of over 20 years, and an impressive track record of successfully managing the most complex legacy liabilities. Their deep insurance experience and proprietary risk modeling capabilities allow them to structure bespoke transactions that benefit both insurance companies and their policyholders. Fortitude Re continues to strengthen its ability to pursue further growth and provide innovative solutions for the global insurance industry. Click here for more information about Fortitude Re.
As a Senior Associate, Regulatory Filings, you will be responsible for supporting the regulatory filing obligations for the Fortitude Re Group of Companies (the “Companies”). Regulatory filings will include US State and Federal filings for insurance and property and casualty companies, Bermuda Monetary Authority filing obligation, etc. This position will report directly to the AVP, Regulatory Filings, which is part of the broader Statutory Accounting team and will be based in Nashville or Jersey City office on a hybrid schedule.
What You Will Do:
Manage the Company’s regulatory filing obligations, including supporting the operational process and technology platform including the following:
- Be part of a team, including external service providers, who are responsible for completing and maintaining the Companies’ regulatory filing obligations
- Use and maintain technology platforms used to manage and complete filings
- Complete, provide guidance and submit complex regulatory filings
- Help to manage and maintain the master filing inventory
- Manage and monitor the completion and submission of regulatory filings
- Provide key support to the AVP
- Work with key stakeholders to gather information and data required in the filings and/or helping those stakeholders complete required filings
- Support and manage a document management structure to maintain all appropriate documentation as evidence of completion as well as filings procedures, reference guides, etc.
- Support and maintain dashboards and provide ongoing reporting on the filing process, status, etc.
- Provide training to key stakeholders and new associates on the regulatory filing technology platforms
- Partner with vendors that provide filing support
- Support and research regulatory change management regarding filing obligations
- Support regulatory inquiries and exams that involve filing data and requests
What You Will Have:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience as a Compliance or Finance professional
- Experience in regulatory filings requirements a plus including:
- Regulatory Filings and registrations
- State filings requirements for insurance, annuities and/or property and casualty companies
- Ability to work effectively in a high-pressured and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and execute program elements
- Extremely well organized, with excellent time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Managing technology platforms, a plus
- Collaborative approach
- Discretion with confidential information, excellent judgment
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility handling multiple projects, both large and small, while maintaining a high level of detail-orientation
- Fluent in Microsoft Office suite of applications, e.g., Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
The base salary range for this role is $90.000-$110,000 and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. In addition to base salary, all employees are eligible for an annual bonus based on company and individual performance as well as a generous benefits package.
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Up to 11 paid company holidays
- Up to 16 hours per year of paid volunteer time
- Competitive 401(k) plan
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance with additional access to health and wellness programs
- Flexible working environment
We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, diversity of thought and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Fortitude Re, please do not forward any resumes to Fortitude Re employees. Fortitude Re is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Job Family FA - Finance
- Job Function Associate/Sr Associate
- Pay Type Salary
- Nashville, TN, USA
- New Jersey, USA