Assistant Vice President, Property and Casualty (P&C) Reserving Actuary
Fortitude Re, is a Class E and Class 4 licensed Bermuda liability-led reinsurer of legacy insurance portfolios complemented by sophisticated investment capabilities. We are actively recruiting an AVP P&C Reserving Actuary who will sit on the second line, reporting to the P&C Risk Officer of Fortitude Re and will be an important member of the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team. The ERM team is responsible for the review, challenge and support the first line to identify, quantify, remediate and manage all risks of the organization from end-to-end.
This role can be based in our Nashville, TN or Jersey City, NJ office on a hybrid basis or can be remote with minimal travel expected (0%-15%).
What You Will Do:
- Carry out detailed valuation reviews on in-force reserves.
- Assist in the ERM review on new transactions.
- Provide support on process being managed by ERM such as the challenger model process and the external best estimate reviews.
- Partner with the P&C Risk Officer and Chief Risk Officer of Fortitude Re to support first-line risk management.
- Ensure the integrity and insightfulness of all risk information reported internally and externally.
- Assist in the design, continuous refinement and implementation of a robust risk management framework, in line with industry best practices and the policies and expectations of regulators – with specific responsibilities to ensure the framework is appropriate for the large portfolio of P&C liabilities reinsured by Fortitude Re.
- At least 7 plus years of P&C reserving experience.
- ACAS or newly qualified FCAS (or other equivalent actuarial designations).
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline such as math, engineering, statistics, actuarial science, etc.
- Long-tailed lines reserving experience.
- Experience in carrying out independent reserve reviews.
- Experience with using reserving software such as ResQ, Arius or other equivalents.
- Ability to adequate challenge and constructively criticize first line work.
The base salary range for this role is $151,391.00 - $186,671.00 and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. In addition to base salary, all employees are eligible for an annual bonus based on company and individual performance as well as a generous benefits package.
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Actuarial exam support through our Actuarial Development Program
- Up to 11 paid company holidays
- Up to 16 hours per year of paid volunteer time
- Competitive 401(k) plan
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance with additional access to health and wellness programs
- Flexible working environment
We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, diversity of thought and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Fortitude Re, please do not forward any resumes to Fortitude Re employees. Fortitude Re is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Job Family RK - Risk
- Job Function AVP
- Pay Type Salary
- Nashville, TN, USA
- New Jersey, USA