Senior Actuarial Associate, Life - Finance Actuarial Judgments (FAJ)
The Senior Actuarial Associate, Life - Finance Actuarial Judgments (FAJ) is responsible for supporting the finance actuarial judgments and assumptions setting process for Fortitude Re’s Life Insurance, Annuity and A&H business lines. This position is expected to work closely with departments across the organization including Actuarial Modeling, Valuation, Experience Studies and Pricing teams as well as Investments and Capital. This role will be based in our Nashville office on a hybrid schedule.
What You Will Do:
- Support the setting, development, and documentation of assumptions for Life Insurance, Annuity, and A&H business. This includes the development of Actuarial Opinions in support of the Appointed & Approved Actuaries.
- Ensure the execution of proper controls and governance on assumption setting and the documentation of control evidence as part of Fortitude Re’s FAJ process.
- Support in the development of attribution, estimated impacts and explanation of assumption changes
- Execute, design and strengthen necessary controls to ensure accuracy in assumption setting process
- Work closely with the experience studies team in establishing proper review and support of experience-related liability assumptions.
- Work closely with the actuarial modeling team ensuring accurate implementation of assumptions in projection models.
- Work with internal and external auditors in their periodic reviews.
What You Will Have:
- 3+ years of experience in an actuarial role
- An Associate of the Society of Actuaries
- Undergraduate degree with preference for mathematics, actuarial sciences, statistics, or other quantitative fields
- Demonstrated success working in cross-functional collaborative teams and with management a positive
- Insurance product knowledge and reinsurance experience a positive
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple concurrent assignments
- Actuarial projection software (e.g. Moody’s AXIS, FIS Insurance Risk Suite (Prophet) & database management (SQL, Python, Tableau, etc.). experience a positive.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with attention given to appearance of final work product
- Highly motivated, results and goal-oriented with the ability to work on multiple projects independently and with a high level of discipline
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
The base salary range for this role is $120,000- $155,000 and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. In addition to base salary, all employees are eligible for an annual bonus based on company and individual performance as well as a generous benefits package.
- Actuarial exam support through our Actuarial Development Program
- Actuarial Rotation Program
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Up to 11 paid company holidays
- Up to 16 hours per year of paid volunteer time
- Competitive 401(k) plan
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance with additional access to health and wellness programs
- Flexible working environment
We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, diversity of thought and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Fortitude Re, please do not forward any resumes to Fortitude Re employees. Fortitude Re is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Job Family AC - Actuarial
- Job Function Sr Associate
- Pay Type Salary
- Nashville, TN, USA