Senior Associate, Expenses
The Sr. Associate, Expense Controller will play a critical role at Fortitude-Re, working directly with Senior and Executive level leadership to plan and track expenses, while providing direction, guidance, and decision making. With minimal oversight, this role will also be task with driving creative and scalable change from ideation through implementation. If you’re looking for a great place to work, learn, grow, and leave your mark, come join the expense team at Fortitude-Re! This role can be based in our Nashville, TN or Jersey City, NJ office on a hybrid basis or can be remote.
What You Will Do:
- Controllership and oversight of direct operating expense spend to include planning/budget development, vendor analysis, accrual development, business case development, and other analytical support as needed.
- Oversight of allocated expense from other business units, including working with business leaders and controllers across Fortitude to influence and align on allocation methodology
- Own tracking and projecting of FTEs, with decision making responsibility for hiring budgets
- Responsible for developing annual budgeting process and forecasts aligned to functional oversight.
- Play active role in all tool transitions, act as main point of contact and own the accuracy and effectiveness of transitions (organic and inorganic) on expenses
- Present, communicate and influence senior leadership independently on a recurring basis
- Act as key point of contact for financially focused reporting & analysis required for audit and business needs, not limited to expense reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- Energetic and tenacious attitude
- Innate ability to be a Storyteller who enjoys being creative and driving change for good
- Team player, who seeks to be a partner of choice
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or related field
- 4 - 6 years of experience in general accounting or FP&A
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office applications; advanced Excel skills
- SAP or similar financial systems experience
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Up to 11 paid company holidays
- Up to 16 hours per year of paid volunteer time
- Competitive 401(k) plan
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance with additional access to health and wellness programs
- Flexible working environment
We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, diversity of thought and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The base salary range for this role is $85,000- $100,000 and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. In addition to base salary, all employees are eligible for an annual bonus based on company and individual performance as well as a generous benefits package.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Fortitude Re, please do not forward any resumes to Fortitude Re employees. Fortitude Re is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Job Family FA - Finance
- Job Function Sr Associate
- Pay Type Salary
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Nashville, TN, USA