AVP, M&A and Reinsurance Risk Actuary
Fortitude Reinsurance Company Ltd. (Fortitude Re) is one of the world’s leading providers of legacy reinsurance solutions. They work with the world’s leading insurance companies to help them execute comprehensive, transformational solutions for legacy Life & Annuity and P&C lines. Fortitude Re manages a general account of approximately $55 billion across life, annuity, and property & casualty insurance products. The company takes a long-term view on growth and is proud to be backed by a consortium of sophisticated institutional investors led by The Carlyle Group and T&D Insurance Group. Incorporated under the laws of Bermuda on January 1, 2017, Fortitude Re’s roots in the insurance industry and the experience of their leadership go back many decades. Fortitude Re’s leadership team has an average industry tenure of over 20 years, and an impressive track record of successfully managing the most complex legacy liabilities. Their deep insurance experience and proprietary risk modeling capabilities allow them to structure bespoke transactions that benefit both insurance companies and their policyholders. Fortitude Re continues to strengthen its ability to pursue further growth and provide innovative solutions for the global insurance industry. Click here for more information about Fortitude Re.
We are looking for an AVP, M&A and Reinsurance Risk Actuary. This position will report into the M&A and Reinsurance Risk Officer and will be an experienced technical contributor playing a key role in the risk oversight of Fortitude Re’s life and annuity reinsurance transactions. You will be part of a dynamic, collaborative and growing team. You can work virtually or in our Jersey City, NJ or Nashville, TN office.
What You Will Do:
Support the profitable growth of our company through risk oversight of prospective life and annuity transactions:
- Continuous refinement and implementation of a robust new transaction risk review framework
- Review/challenge the Challenger Model process and reconciliations to the pricing model
- Review/challenge process on key decisions and assumptions where material judgements are applied
- Develop pro forma risk profiles and assess against Risk Appetite, Tolerances, and Limits
- Opine on stress analysis and distribution of returns
What You Will Have:
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Qualified Fellow of the Society of Actuaries or Institute of Actuaries (or equivalent) or career Associate
- Experience in pricing, capital management, valuation, financial reporting, and/or reinsurance; pricing experience a plus
- Experience in reviewing and assessing the appropriateness of complex models a plus
- Broad knowledge of U.S. insurance products; UL, VA, LTC, and/or fixed annuity experience a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good project management and high attention to detail with strong follow-through skills
The base salary range for this role is $157,000-$190,000 and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. In addition to base salary, all employees are eligible for an annual bonus based on company and individual performance as well as a generous benefits package.
We offer competitive benefits in a fast-paced, dynamic and nimble culture including:
· Unlimited PTO policy
· Up to 11 paid company holidays
· Up to 16 hours per year of paid volunteer time
· Competitive 401(k) plan
· Paid parental leave
· Tuition reimbursement
· Health, vision, dental, and life insurance with additional access to health and wellness programs
· Flexible working environment
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Fortitude Re, please do not forward any resumes to Fortitude Re employees. Fortitude Re is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Fortitude Re, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission- creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, diversity of thought and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Job Family RK - Risk
- Pay Type Salary
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Nashville, TN, USA