Senior Payroll Manager
The Senior Payroll Manager oversees and supervises the organization’s payroll functions, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations.
At The Fikes Companies, our Mission is to build a highly successful company which our employees are proud of, our customers value, and the communities we serve can count on.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of both weekly and bi-weekly payroll – including the calculation of wages, benefits, tax deductions, garnishments, commissions, etc.
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Enter payroll entries into the general ledger
- Maintains Employee Expense reporting system and ensures cardholder compliance at month end
- Weekly Chargeback and Accounting Ticket reporting
- Performs account balance and payroll reconciliations.
- Prepares financial statements for accounting and auditing purposes.
- Performs data entry of payroll information into payroll program (Ceridian).
- Works with line managers and Human Resources on timesheet and pay issues.
- Responds to payroll-related inquires/concerns and resolves any issues.
- Identifies and recommend ds updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures.
- Partners with accounting team members as needed.
- Performs project work, as needed.
5+ years’ multi-state and multi-unit payroll experience, preferred experience with multi-company organizations, 3+ years’ payroll experience with heavy hourly payroll, strong knowledge of accounting principles and payroll practices as well as, tax and wage laws, must have recent experience with payroll systems, intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office suite, professional level communication skills (written and verbal), strong customer service skills – must be able to interact with all levels in the organization, possess solid time management, organizational abilities, and have strong attention to detail. This position will work with little supervision.
The Fikes Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- Temple, TX, USA