Senior Network Engineer
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for evaluating, planning, and supporting enterprise-wide network design, systems, processes, practices, and toolsets. This role requires a “hands on” approach with the ability to work with management and collaborate with security architects to evaluate current network security landscape, identify gaps, and implement best practice design, tools, and systems to support the datacenter, corporate and store enterprise environment.
At The Fikes Companies, our Mission is to build a highly successful company which our employees are proud of, our customers value, and the communities we serve can count on.
- Plans, designs, and implements network plans and services for datacenter, corporate and store environments
- Ensures broad coverage and visibility of network perimeter and posture
- Gathers, analyzes, and synthesizes network information
- Administrators and troubleshoots network related tools and appliances (including firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS/IPS), cloud NSGs, VPN monitoring and setup, and the alike)
- Collaborates with wider team on network and security related initiatives, projects, and compliance requirements (PCI, etc.)
- Identifies known security gaps within our network
- Builds scalable monitoring and alerting solutions targeting network risks
- Works with internal technology teams to understand our scaling requirements and design new connection patterns that gain efficiency and reduce attack surface.
- Assesses current threat landscape and business needs to plan and prioritize network strategy
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexes, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Interacts with internal clients, application vendors, and service partners as part of operational activities such as customer support, technical and operational integration, and system maintenance.
- Maintains high internal and client satisfaction through successful and timely resolution of technical and operational problems.
- Provides regular status updates/reports.
Must have 5+ years’ experience in a similar position, planning/designing/implementing, supporting, and troubleshooting network security solutions and best practices; strong experience in, Firewall & Security Technologies and monitoring tools; possess a well-rounded background with experience in multivendor security products; and must have the ability to think and communicate clearly and effectively during a security event.
The Fikes Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- Temple, TX, USA