Agent - Overnight - Security
The Overnight Security Agent is responsible for the safeguarding of hotel property, assets, guests, associates, and visitors.
- Patrol the interior of and the perimeter of the hotel and the property to observe and identify potential safety risks, security risks and undesirable conditions
- Be able to work overnight shift with little to no supervision
- Respond to emergency situations including, but not limited to, safety hazards, fires, medical emergencies and threats to life and/or property
- Responsible for key inventory and distribution
- Promote safe work practices
- Initiates preliminary investigations into incidents, as needed
- Writes reports and ensures accuracy of necessary documentation, as needed
- Assisting sick and injured associates and guests.
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests
- Includes Guest Reception, Housekeeping, In room dining and Engineering needs)
SKILLS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or equivalent combination of education and experience. Specialized police or security training preferred.
- Two years of experience in related security position. Hospitality and/or luxury setting experience preferred.
- Must have excellent customer service/communication skills to work with guests.
- Requires ability to use property's computer and systems to record, store and analyze information.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance and as part of a team.
- Valid drivers' license in good standing with clean driving record.
- Flexible work schedule including holidays and weekends
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Note: The responsibilities associated with this job could change from time to time in accordance with Hotel Californian’s business needs. As a team player, I may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
- Job Family *Hotel - Hotel Californian
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $20.00
- Max Hiring Rate $20.00
- 36 State St, Santa Barbara, CA 93101, USA