Coordinator/Dispatcher - Housekeeping
The Housekeeping Dispatcher/ Coordinator is responsible for creating an attentive and positive approach to all communication through the Housekeeping Department from Guests and Staff.
- Answer all calls to Housekeeping Department in a professional, friendly and efficient manner.
- Facilitate request to appropriate team member so that requests are handled in a timely manner.
- Dispatch guest/staff calls to appropriate parties.
- Enter maintenance issues into system as requested.
- Maintain daily call log and message book.
- Administer guest call backs to ensure request have been fulfilled.
- Continually communicates with Front Office and Floor Supervisors to verify status of all guest rooms.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date room status information in system
- Communicate necessary guest information to the appropriate departments.
- Reconcile boards and keys at end of shift.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all guest related matters.
- Issuing department master keys, radios, golf cart keys and employee cleaning assignments at the beginning of shift
- Responding to internal and external guest’s requests ensuring requests are filled in a timely manner accurately recording the correct room number and person’s name
- Closing work orders when completed
- Keeping housekeeping department areas clean and neat including dispatch area as well as line up room, laundry and storage areas
- Assisting with folding housekeeping supply bags and restocking and storing cadies
- Cleaning pack and play cribs and storing for next use in designated area
- Completing and submitting supply order twice per week
- Ensuring work tickets for department staff and the M&E team are placed correctly in the system
- Informing the staff of changes in their section throughout the day providing updates
- Checking VIP’s and arrival guest rooms ensuring areas ready to be occupied
SKILLS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prior hospitality experience, preferably within the Housekeeping Department of a full-service luxury resort preferred
- Must be able to speak, read, write, hear and understand the English, Spanish language a plus.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to sustain composure always and remain calm during difficult situations.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally. Frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 lbs.
- Excellent office skills including experience with Microsoft Office & Windows, office procedures, filing systems, and equipment.
- Must be able to work, varied shifts and flexible schedules. Maintain schedule availability to provide the best assistance to the job-related responsibilities to include but not limited to guest expectations
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Note: The responsibilities associated with this job could change from time to time in accordance with Hotel Californian’s business needs. As a team player, I may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
- Job Family *Hotel - Hotel Californian
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $20.00
- Max Hiring Rate $20.00
- 36 State St, Santa Barbara, CA 93101, USA