PM Housekeeping Supervisor - FULL TIME - The Guest House at Graceland
Become a part of the exciting growth at Graceland!
Since opening to the public in 1982, Elvis Presley's Graceland has hosted over 20 million visitors from every state in the union and nearly every country of the world. Graceland welcomes over 500,000 visitors each year, is one of the five most visited home tours in the United States, and is the most famous home in America after The White House.
In 1991, Graceland was placed on the National Register of Historic Places. In 2006, it was designated a National Historic Landmark.
Graceland visitors come from all walks of life, all ages, all musical tastes, all income levels, all educational backgrounds, and all parts of the world.
Our employees are ambassadors to Memphis and work hard to ensure all of our guests are treated with the same southern hospitality that Elvis Presley was known for.
This is a full-time position located at The Guest House at Graceland with variable/flexible working hours to include weekends, evenings, holidays, and overtime as required. Benefits may be offered after successful completion of a sixty (60) introductory period. This is a promotional opportunity and is an internal/external recruitment.
Supervise, train, and inspect the performance of assigned Room Attendants, Laundry Attendants, Turndown Attendants and Floor Attendants, ensuring that all procedures are completed to the hotel's standards. Assist where necessary to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Communicate with PM front desk management for any relevant information is relayed to staff of department.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Verify staffing productivity in laundry and ensure proper operations of machines.
- Anticipate guest’s needs and maintain positive guest and associate relations.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned work areas.
- Verify room status on A.M. report; report discrepant rooms; prioritize and update status of check-out rooms at designated time. Check 2 rooms daily of self-inspectors.
- Coordinate breaks, distribute assignment sheets, assign designated room keys and phones and maintain records for staff.
- Inspect supply levels of floor closets.
- Check Room Attendant's carts for proper supplies, neatness, cleanliness, and mechanical problems.
- Inspect rooms cleaned by assigned Room Attendants, using designated checklist. Directly contact Room Attendant and relay any deficiencies to be corrected.
- Update room status after approving cleanliness and condition in accordance with departmental standards.
- Check vacant rooms, verify status, and update status of discrepant rooms throughout the shift.
- Check DND rooms and verify status.
- “Mark” dirty sheets of randomly selected assigned rooms and follow up to ensure Room Attendants have changed bed sheets.
- Inspect public areas/bathrooms, fitness center, pool area, offices, and service areas after being cleaned by Floor/Lobby Attendants, using designated checklists. Directly contact respective personnel and relay any deficiencies to be corrected.
- Complete work orders for maintenance repairs and submit to Housekeeping Clerk. Contact Engineering directly for urgent repairs.
- Conduct training of staff as assigned and coaching or counseling as needed.
- Provide feedback on staff performance to manager.
- Document pertinent information in department logbook.
- Complete all paperwork and closing duties before leaving. Review status of assignments and any follow-up action with manager and/or on-coming supervisor.
- Check P.M. reports for accuracy and completeness. Complete night counts in accordance with departmental standards.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist in other areas of Housekeeping as assigned.
- Attend designated meetings.
- Make up cribs and rollaway beds.
- Stock Housekeeping supplies.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES: Knowledge of daily hotel operations; must be able to communicate both in person and on the telephone with a wide variety of individuals; ability to maintain confidentiality; skill to work with guests who may become irate and upset; ability to problem solve; must have demonstrated experience with guest services/relations; must be willing to be part of the team; must be organized.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to speak clearly and distinctly; both in person and on the telephone; ability to lift up to 25 lbs.; ability to stoop and reach; ability to climb stairs; ability to stand for long periods of time.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Work in a no smoking area; must be able to work flexible hours/days and overtime as required; must be able to work weekends and holidays; ability to maintain confidentiality.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS: Identification badge and uniform is required; must practice good personal hygiene to present a neat, clean, and healthy appearance at all times.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please complete an application through the Dayforce Careers portal. Must be able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug test. We are an equal opportunity employer. This position will remain open until filled.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 3600 Elvis Presley Blvd, Memphis, TN 38116, USA