Bartender - FULL-TIME - The Guest House at Graceland
Become a part of the exciting growth at Graceland!
Since opening to the public in 1982, Elvis Presley's Graceland has hosted over 20 million visitors from every state in the union and nearly every country of the world. Graceland welcomes over 500,000 visitors each year, is one of the five most visited home tours in the United States, and is the most famous home in America after The White House.
In 1991, Graceland was placed on the National Register of Historic Places. In 2006, it was designated a National Historic Landmark.
Graceland visitors come from all walks of life, all ages, all musical tastes, all income levels, all educational backgrounds, and all parts of the world.
Our employees are ambassadors to Memphis and work hard to ensure all of our guests are treated with the same southern hospitality that Elvis Presley was known for.
This is a Full-Time position located in the Food and Beverage Department at The Guest House at Graceland hotel with variable/flexible working hours to include weekends, holidays and overtime as required. Benefits will be offered after successful completion of a sixty (60) day introductory period. Rate of pay for this position is $8.00 per hour + tips. Benefits include the following: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance; Company paid premiums for Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance; 401K matching; Paid Time Off and Vacation time; Pay-On-Demand feature through the payroll system for hours worked.
We are looking for an enthusiastic bartender to provide an excellent guest drinking and dining experience. The bartender will be responsible for expediting guests’ drink orders and mixes and prepares and serves alcoholic/non-alcoholic drinks to all guests in a high-volume volume entertainment banquet atmosphere. Interacts with customers with high-energy. Works in an efficient and professional manner while maintaining a positive attitude and delivering superior guest service at all times. Performs other duties as requested.
- Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages for bar and restaurant patrons.
- Interact with customers, take orders, and serve snacks and drinks.
- Assess guests’ needs and preferences and make recommendations.
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails.
- Plan and present bar menu
- Check guests’ identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age.
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies.
- Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience.
- Comply with all food and beverage regulation.
- Keep an eye on patron intoxication levels and respond appropriately.
- Identify belligerent guests, and work with management when needed to maintain a safe environment.
- Clean the bar and the surrounding area of spills and other messes as needed.
- Demonstrate outstanding hospitality and service throughout each shift with guests.
- Demonstrates teamwork.
- Accepts guest payments and processes quickly and accurately using POS system.
- Completes opening duties, shift, and closing duties.
- Prepares non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages for bar and dining room guests.
- Follows all sanitation and safety policies.
- Maintains the bar ensuring it remains stocked throughout the shift.
- Prepares all bases and garnishes for alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Maintains a safe working environment and report any safety issues to management immediately.
- Advises Restaurant Manager/General Manager/Regional Director of any non-routine situations.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES: Knowledge of Memphis and Shelby county health codes; must have a current valid ABC license from the State of TN; proven experience as a bartender is preferred; excellent knowledge of mixing, garnishing and serving drinks; positive, engaging personality and professional appearance; outstanding interpersonal and communication skills; basic math and computer skills; ability to work quickly and accurately under constant pressure of often conflicting deadlines and numerous interruptions; ability to maintain confidentiality; reading skills to understand and interpret regulations, policies and procedures; ability to put out stock as directed by manager and or supervisor; knowledge of restaurants stock and equipment; skill to operate and maintain restaurant equipment located in assigned bar or restaurant; ability to work and maintain a safe work area; ability to follow operating procedures on equipment in a safe manner.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to stoop, reach, walk and stand for long periods; ability to lift boxes weighing up to 25lbs; speak clearly and distinctly.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS: Uniform is required; must follow and have knowledge of health codes and requirements.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Work flexible hours, holidays, weekends, and overtime as required; ability to maintain confidentiality; no smoking or eating in the work area.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please apply online at www.graceland.com/careers . Must be able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug test. We are an equal opportunity employer. This position will remain open until filled.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 3600 Elvis Presley Blvd, Memphis, TN 38116, USA