Event Associate - SEASONAL - Graceland
Become a part of the exciting growth at Graceland!
Since opening to the public in 1982, Elvis Presley's Graceland has hosted over 20 million visitors from every state in the union and nearly every country of the world. Graceland welcomes over 500,000 visitors each year, is one of the five most visited home tours in the United States, and is the most famous home in America after The White House.
In 1991, Graceland was placed on the National Register of Historic Places. In 2006, it was designated a National Historic Landmark.
Graceland visitors come from all walks of life, all ages, all musical tastes, all income levels, all educational backgrounds, and all parts of the world.
Our employees are ambassadors to Memphis and work hard to ensure all of our guests are treated with the same southern hospitality that Elvis Presley was known for.
This is a temporary or on-call position in the Operations Department at Graceland with variable/flexible working hour to include weekdays, weekends, holidays, evenings, and nights. The starting rate of pay for this position is $15.00 per hour. This is an external recruitment.
This position helps prepare venues for occasions such as concerts, sporting events, plays, trade shows or other types of live events. Event staff members may work in a variety of positions such as concession, ushers, tickets scanners or security personnel. Event associates are responsible for working as a team, as well as solo, to ensure that events run smoothly, and the participants and crowd are content and happy. Event associates will assist in the overall logistical and operational aspects of the event and job duties may change depending on areas of need.
- Welcome audience members to the venue upon entrance and assist them with finding the precise location of their seats according to their ticket information.
- Use a scanning device or other handheld tool to ensure the ticket presented is an authentic credential for the specific performance scheduled.
- Provide routine assistance at concession stands as appropriate to position, to include checking id’s ,transport of food items and supplies, and cleaning equipment and utensils. Cashier or Bartending skills could be helpful for some assignments
- Resolve any conflicts as needed when audience members disagree about the location of their seat or when another patron is in the wrong ticketed section.
- Aid patrons who have disabilities or other special needs in find an appropriate seat or section for them to enjoy the show comfortably.
- Enforce all venue performance rules throughout the live show, such as no flash photography, no recording, limited entry and exit and no access to restricted areas, enforce county restrictions as necessary
- Follow all emergency procedures regarding venue evacuation and know the location of all exits throughout the building.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Maintain a professional appearance with a company provided uniform to represent the venue in a positive light.
- Assist with team to provide clean up of venue
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must possess basic computational ability.
• Must have excellent interpersonal and sales-related skills.
• Must have exceptional organizational skills.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks and projects daily.
• Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision
• Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors, and subordinates.
Grooming: All employees must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance per company standards.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time; ability to lift boxes weighing up to twenty-five (25) pounds; ability to stoop and reach; ability to climb stairs.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS: Work in a non-smoking area; uniform is required.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please apply online through the Company website. We are an equal opportunity employer. Must be able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug test. This position will remain open until filled.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 3734 Elvis Presley Blvd, Memphis, TN 38116, USA