At David’s Bridal, we empower our customers and our employees to stay true to their dreams and find the one, whether that means the wedding dress that matches her personal style—or the career that’s a perfect fit.
Our team members collective drive, enthusiasm, and dedication have been foundational to our ability to serve more than 70 million customers in our more than 70 years. We remain laser-focused on the commitment we make to our customers to be there for their magical moments.
We are still hiring for temporary roles across David’s Bridal while we restructure our company through chapter 11. This may be the perfect time to try bridal if you are interested in becoming a valued partner and help our customers dress for one of the most important days of their lives.
Working in this field can offer a unique and rewarding experience, and we are excited to bring on new team members. By working together, we can use this transition period to create something incredible!
The Store Manager builds and retains a high performing team, creates a consistent environment of world class customer service and exceeds sales plan through foundational excellence. The Store Manager is a dynamic, attentive and inspiring leader who has mastered relationship building with team members and customers alike; acting as a mentor, leader and coach. The Store Manager builds a climate of high performance and five-star customer service by maximizing the performance and productivity of a team of motivated, friendly, enthusiastic and engaged team members.
Essential Job Functions:
- Leads and models a customer first culture across all roles.
- Holds the leadership team accountable for active floor management by assigning shifts, reviewing results and providing feedback to maintain a five-star customer experience.
- Monitors individual team member performance and developing action plans for improvement t through weekly performance discussions using customer reviews, mystery shops and through the use of SBI coaching.
- Providing ongoing coaching and training to enhance individual selling skills, behaviors and processes.
- Coaching the team to achieve all set productivity goals for front of house and alterations.
- Drives customer loyalty by clientele calls to maximize appointment build and provide customer service for the entire event.
- Resolves all customer issues and partners with Regional Director or Contact Center, as needed.
- Respond promptly to all customer questions providing product and service information.
- Builds relationships to meet and exceed customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Speaks to every customer before they leave to validate their experience, resolving any issues in the moment.
- Develops and manages customer service strategies to deliver a 4.8 customer rating, addressing all negative reviews and solving root cause.
- Sets expectations and holds team accountable to achieve “Hall of Fame” goals/status and Diamond Loyalty Store club.
- Creates a climate in which people want to do their best. Manages to motivate many kinds of direct reports and team members or project members.
- Makes each individual feel his/her work is important.
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Acts with customers in mind and holds their team accountable for doing the same.
- Maintains store-standards to support a flawless shopping experience.
- Responsible for flawless execution of all marketing, promotions and markdowns.
- Maintains a professional dress code and adheres to the company Dress Code policy. Plus holds all team members to the same standards.
- Leads the store to achieve Total Monthly Income (TMI) Goals consistently by executing foundational excellence and performance-based leadership, for front of house and alterations combined.·
- Drives sales through KPIs, to achieve a balanced Ranked Scorecard.
- Manages turnover goals by role by reviewing applications and conducting two interviews for all team members.
- Uses critical thinking to identify a root cause of a metric, process or behavior and finds a solution to correct, working with Regional Director as needed.
- Executes all critical operating procedures with accuracy and hold the team accountable.
- Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, business acumen, experience, and judgment. Sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Identifies and prioritizes critical business issues and aligns the team. Discerns what is critical and puts less important issues aside. Eliminates roadblocks.
- Monitors inventory management, special orders, receiving processes, layaway, mark out of stock, repairs, and ensures first quality standards for all merchandise.
- Builds, develops, and retains a high performing team across all roles.
- Conducts weekly management meetings.
Communicates daily sales goals to all team members and drives action through Chat Ins/Chat Outs.
- Leads networking efforts to staff the store, scheduling time weekly to network and hire team members whose availability, experience and qualifications meets the store’s needs.
- Builds a strong bench and talent pipeline, ensuring the store is always staffed, to achieve all staffing goals and fills open positions within 30 days.
- Participates in quarterly succession planning meetings with Regional Director.
- Conducts two SBIs per day for every associate.
- Conducts coaching conversations with every team member, weekly, biweekly and monthly based on role and team member performance.
- Creates an optimized schedule that meets the needs of the business, reviewed quarterly.
- Writes weekly schedules based on productivity to meet the needs of the customer and sales while controlling total monthly income.
- Guides the development of consistent routines throughout the store at all levels, Works to achieve all daily, weekly and monthly routines and tasks while planning time effectively.
- Executes, monitors and assesses the five stages of training for all team members to ensure each team member has competed role specific training that they need to be successful.
- Ensures performance management strategy is implemented and consistent at all levels.
- Handles all employee relations issues and partners with Regional Director, as necessary, to determine action plans and performance management strategy to improve individual performance and the team as a whole.
- Deals with performance issues directly and timely. Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities.
- Creates a sales culture of inspiration by recognizing strong performance and celebrating achievements,
- Provides all team members with good working conditions and the personal respect each team member deserves.
Champions and executes new processes, programs and behaviors as assigned.
- Relates well to all kinds of people. Builds appropriate rapport. Is approachable. Builds constructive and effective relationships.
- Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish. Faces adversity head on and is energized by tough challenges.
- Executes and holds team members accountable for Beautiful Store Standards to ensure flawless execution of all merchandising strategies to maximize sales. Requires all store team members to consistently maintain pristine housekeeping standards on the selling floor and back room.
- Addresses fixture replacement and store repairs.
- Communicates a compelling and inspired vision, sense of purpose and expectations. Inspires and motivates the team to get on board. Adapts style to support and influence team members.
- Follows all loss prevention, security processes and policies at all times.
Manages all expenses,
- Responsible for the store payroll and ensure it does not exceed the monthly budget, accurately monitoring and acknowledging timesheets for all roles that clock in and out for all scheduled shifts, breaks and meals.
- Manages scheduling strategies in partnership with Regional Director.
- Completes all action plans as assigned by Regional Director.
- Executes all aspects of operational controls.
- Monitors timeline completion of tasks in Task Management.
- Follows all procedures to ensure accuracy of bi-annual physical inventories.
- Manages authorized contests in partnership with leadership team to motivate store team.
- Focus on own development and learning, complete all training as assigned for on-going development.
- Holds frequent performance and development discussions. Ensures that the team and direct reports have the skills and training they need. Takes quick action to bridge any training or learning gaps.
- Knowledgeable of internal business end-to-end processes and priorities and executes them to compete in the marketplace to improve service.
- Open to coaching and feedback to improve behaviors and/or processes. Capitalizes on feedback from coaching/SBI conversations with managers.·
- Genuinely cares about people. Is available and ready to help. Demonstrates real empathy with the joys and pains of others.
- Monitors Event Team Captain strategy to lead all bridal shows and outreach initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time; reach for tools and objects with hands and arms; climb stairs; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk to and hear customers . The employee must occasionally lift to 25 pounds. The employee must be able to see up close and at a distance, as well as use peripheral vision and depth perception, and be able to look at, read, and use a computer and all other electronic devices for long periods of time.
- High School Diploma or degree.
- Four years prior retail management experience in an apparel or specialty store environment.
- Prior experience with a computerized POS system.
Love wins when love is for Everyone!
Our mission at David’s Bridal is to embrace the ideas of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. It is our goal to build a workforce that is representative as the customers we serve. We vow to create a culture where all forms of diversity are celebrated and seen as valuable.
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to highlight the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Actual duties and responsibilities will vary.
- Job Family Retail
- Job Function Leadership
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Danvers, 8-10 Newbury Street, Danvers, Massachusetts, United States of America