future opportunity To join our team
What if you discovered a company that dominates the products in their category – 1 out of 3 being sold by them? Is the undisputed market leader in their industry, by a wide margin, organically capturing 90% of their customers, and taking care of them with one of the highest customer service scores in retail? AND what if they are operating in a formidable stable industry that is never, ever going away? At David’s Bridal, we empower our customers and our employees to stay true to their dreams and find the one, whether that means the wedding dress that matches her personal style—or the career that’s a perfect fit.
We’re always available to speak to future talent! If you would like to join David’s Bridal one day, and you believe this could be the perfect role for you, but is not available, please consider applying anyway. Say “I DO” to your future!
Alterations Specialists are responsible for completing all fittings and alterations to the high standards of David’s Bridal and reports to the Store Manager. S/he is responsible for exemplifying friendly, knowledgeable and technical expertise and providing superior customer service. Alterations Specialists are members of the store team and demonstrate the value and qualities of the David’s Bridal brand.
Essential Job Functions:
- Welcome all customers with genuine, and friendly enthusiasm over the phone, virtual chats and in person, communicates clearly and concisely adapting style to suit customers by problem solving, excellent phone skills and resolving conflict.
- Use all systems to manage the customer flow to deliver five-star customer experience.
- Maintain all service levels by being Prepared, Welcoming, Meet the Needs & Be There for all our customers, this includes all operational checklist task and meeting customers emotional and practical needs.
- Responsible for providing an exceptional service experience to multiple customers at one time. Plus contribute to the store achievement of Five-Star Customer Service.
- Proactively address customer concerns with confidence. Know when to escalate and partner with leadership team.
- Communicate how alterations can play an important role in perfecting the dress for her event in partnership with Alterations. Promote all alteration services and personalization options.
- Assists stylists in closing sales by consulting with customers regarding gown fit and customization.
- Maintain store-standards to support a flawless shopping experience.
- Maintain a high standard of dress that complies with the Dress Code Policy.
- Greets and escorts all alterations customers to and from alterations appointments.
- Maintains quality control guidelines and inspects all garments altered/steamed/pressed to verify pristine condition before final delivery to customer.
- Responds promptly to all customer questions by providing product and service information.
- Builds long-term relationships with customers to meet and exceed customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Ensure that alteration pricing is at company standards.
- Manage all alterations, fittings and sewing's, steaming, pressing and spot cleaning of garments to company standards.
- Supports all cash wrap behaviors and processes transactions with accuracy to make every customer feel celebrated.
- Maintain the alterations room so that it is consistently clean and well-organized.
- Performs duties and tasks as assigned by store management.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time; reach for tools and objects with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; ability to bend, twist and stand; move throughout the store; and talk to and hear customers.
Education & Credentials:
- High school diploma or equivalent degree.
- Prior sewing experience required
- Prior experience with computerized POS (Point of Sale) system is a plus.
Love wins when love is for Everyone!
Our mission at David’s Bridal is to embrace the ideas of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. It is our goal to build a workforce that is representative as the customers we serve. We vow to create a culture where all forms of diversity are celebrated and seen as valuable.
The preceding job description has been designed to highlight the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Actual duties and responsibilities will vary.
- Job Family Retail
- Job Function Alterations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Asheville, 285 Tunnel Rd., Asheville, North Carolina, United States of America