Medical Graft Supervisor - 1st Shift
2900 College Dr, Kettering, OH 45420, USA Req #124
Friday, February 3, 2023
Saving and improving lives, helping people heal – this is the daily mission of Community Blood Center/Community Tissue Services. Align with your career goals? CBC/CTS is looking for a Processing Supervisor on our Cellular team to supervise and lead the Cellular area of Manufacturing. As part of CBC/CTS, you will ensure safe and effective processing of human tissue grafts for transplantation.
- Lead, promote and drive the safety culture and preventative activities.
- Accountable for the quality of the product, paperwork, and procedures followed in all processing activities.
- Promote leadership, mentoring, coaching and inclusion to all employees.
- Ensure all activities honor The Gift by maximizing opportunities to make grafts transplantable.
- Assist the Manager and Director in selection, training, orientation, supervision, evaluation, development, counseling, and accountability of employees.
- Develop, implement and manage all relevant standard operation procedures, work instructions, job aids, and other procedures as needed for the uniformity and quality of operations.
- Maintain regulated operations in keeping with all applicable standards of accreditation and all regulatory requirements.
- Assist in budget development and ongoing monitoring of expenses.
- Resolve, complete, and ensure corrective actions on all CARs and NCRs are complete and timely to prevent recurrence.
- Approve employee paid time off, manage employee schedules.
- Manage schedules of process suites and teams to meet the weekly and monthly processing requirements.
- Lead team and mentors new CTS employees through documented training.
- Responsible for ensuring employees are following all applicable procedures, safety guidelines, training, policies and standards.
- Ensure all allografts tissue are accurately processed, measured, labeled, packaged, and documented in a timely manner.
- Inspect grafts for quality, packaging integrity, and accuracy of documentation.
- In conjunction with Quality Control, responsible for operating and ensuring processing equipment is in good working order. Equipment includes, but is not limited to, band saws, drills, scissors, scalpels.
- Participate on project, process improvement and product development teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- At least two years of experience of musculoskeletal allograft processing, or a minimum of one-year prior team lead or supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Certified Tissue Bank Specialist – CTBS (or within two testing cycles of position acceptance).
- Requires heavy lifting, continuous levels of standing and is physically demanding.
- Some areas of Manufacturing may require the ability to work around high magnetic circuits or magnetic fields.
- Requires good eye-hand coordination skills.
- Must be able to meet the required physical demands with or without reasonable accommodation.
A highly competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and supplemental insurance, 401(k) with employer contribution and match, and generous paid time off (PTO) - up to 5 weeks in your first year!
Drug Free Workplace
- CBC began in Dayton in 1964 as the region’s first centralized blood bank. CBC collects and provides all blood products for hospitals in our 15-county region and beyond.
- CTS was born in 1986 and is now one of the nation’s largest tissue banks. CTS recovers, processes, and distributes human tissue grafts and is the nation’s largest non-profit provider of skin grafts for burn patients.
Drug Free Workplace
- Job Family MANAGERS_SUPERVISORS
- Job Function MANAGERS_SUPERVISORS
- Pay Type Salary
- 2900 College Dr, Kettering, OH 45420, USA