Quality Control Supervisor
2900 College Dr, Kettering, OH 45420, USA Req #103
Friday, January 27, 2023
Saving and improving lives, helping people heal – this is the daily mission of Community Blood Center/Community Tissue Services. Align with your career goals? CBC/CTS is looking for a Quality Control Supervisor to lead and provide support to the Quality Control and Document Control Specialists. As part of CBC/CTS, you will support the QC Manager in daily operations and set priorities for the team to ensure task completion.
- Provides guidance and support to the Quality Control and Document Control Team.
- Ensures all quality control and document control activities are handled professionally and accurately.
- Collaborates with manager in training, orientation, evaluation, and coaching employees.
- Works effectively to maintain interdepartmental cooperation and respect.
- Maintains regulated operations in keeping with all applicable standards of accreditation and all regulatory requirements.
- Monitors work progress and adjust resources when needed.
- Investigates and resolves issues identified at QC review.
- Develops process improvements and automated processes to improve efficiency and increase accuracy.
- Accurately monitor time-sensitive processes with regard to tissue release and quality control requirements.
- Serves as a liaison for internal/external customers/visitors.
- Serves as a Quality Control representative on project development teams.
- Tracks, investigates and publishes data for tissues at hold and discard status.
- Sets performance standards for the QRA-QC Department. Meets personal and departmental goals. Motivates staff to meet goals.
- Select, hire, onboard, train and develop employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in quality control, quality assurance, clinical laboratory, blood banking, tissue banking, or pharmaceutical/other manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to meet the required physical demands with or without reasonable accommodations
A highly competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and supplemental insurance, 401(k) with employer contribution and match, and generous paid time off (PTO) - up to 5 weeks in your first year!
Drug Free Workplace
- CBC began in Dayton in 1964 as the region’s first centralized blood bank. CBC collects and provides all blood products for hospitals in our 15-county region and beyond.
- CTS was born in 1986 and is now one of the nation’s largest tissue banks. CTS recovers, processes, and distributes human tissue grafts and is the nation’s largest non-profit provider of skin grafts for burn patients.
Drug Free Workplace
- Job Family MANAGERS_SUPERVISORS
- Job Function MANAGERS_SUPERVISORS
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
This posting is inactive.
- 2900 College Dr, Kettering, OH 45420, USA