Blood Component Technician- 2nd Shift
349 S Main St, Dayton, OH 45402, USA Req #88
Monday, January 16, 2023
Saving and improving lives, helping people heal – this is the daily mission of Community Blood Center/Community Tissue Services. Align with your career goals? CBC/CTS is looking for Blood Laboratory Technician. Internally this position is called a Component Technician who prepares blood components following prescribed standardized procedures. In accordance with standard operating procedures (SOP’s), follows all applicable regulatory standards.
Second Shift- Monday - Friday 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Essential functions of the job include:
- Prepares components required according to American Association of Blood Banks (AABB), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Community Blood Center/Community Tissue Services (CBC/CTS) Standards.
- Prepares specialty (boutique) products as requested.
- Maintains accurate and complete records of all components prepared.
- Assists with inventory management and stock rotation of blood and frozen products.
- Ensures accurate and adequate inventory of consumable supplies in the Component Lab and Hospital Services.
- Notifies Supervisor of pending consumable supply shortages and equipment problems.
- Assumes weekend on-call responsibilities on a rotational basis.
- Uses, maintains, troubleshoots and quality controls and validates a variety of laboratory equipment, as required.
- Executes SOP and equipment validations as necessary.
- Performs bacterial detection procedures as required.
- Performs product labeling when required.
- Performs quality control and validation on all products as required.
- Aides in training and orientation of new personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must be able to meet the required physical demands with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to work on-call and holidays as required.
Desired QualificationsWe offer a highly competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and supplemental insurance, 401(k) with employer contribution and match, and generous paid time off (PTO) – up to 4 weeks in your first year!
- Production experience is helpful
- Laboratory experience is desired
- Ability to understand basic computer functions
Drug Free Workplace.
- Job Family MEDICAL
- Job Function TECHS_COMPONENT
- Pay Type Hourly
This posting is inactive.
- 349 S Main St, Dayton, OH 45402, USA