Welder Fab Tech
Fab-Tech, Inc. in Colchester, Vermont, employs an exceptional team of hardworking, quality focused individuals, a number of whom have been here since the very beginning, 30+ years ago! We are passionate about safety and committed to providing our customers with the best, safest, most environmentally responsible products in the industry.
Monday - Friday
Hours: 5:00 am - 3:30 pm
The primary responsibilities of this position include performing GTAW and GMAW in a manner that ensures the production of our high quality line of PSP® products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and related work may be assigned as necessary.
• Set up the work area, select and verify the material for production, and meet the daily welding production and quality demands of the Weld Shop.
• Weld the following in different positions and on different gauges: stainless steel and black iron. Occasionally expected to weld other materials.
• Troubleshoot the welding equipment.
• Comply with health, safety, (including OSHA), and environmental procedures, and ensure the cleanliness of the area.
• Comply with established production philosophies designed to increase production, safety and/or quality; e.g., Lean Manufacturing, 5s and TWI methodologies.
• Continue to learn and expand one’s capacity within this job by increasing knowledge and skill base
• Perform various other assignments per Department Lead’s direction.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Strong GMAW, GTAW welding skills and a knowledge of how all the equipment operates.
• Can speak and understand English with an emphasis on complying with: directions, fundamental shop safety procedures, and production standards.
• Able to read and understand cut sheets and engineering prints thoroughly.
• Knowledge of basic metallurgy and weld symbols
• Knowledge of basic sheet metal layout
• Good communication and teamwork skills
• Math skills to include basic arithmetic and geometry
• Can accurately read a tape measure to 1/16"
Previous experience considered.
CPS (an Exyte Group Company) is a group of manufacturing and design companies providing innovative product solutions to the semiconductor, life science, chemical processing, gas systems, wastewater, mining, power generation and other industries. We provide a broad range of products & services including liquid, chemical, and gas storage, blending, and delivery control, pre-fabricated high purity process utility modules, corrosive fume exhaust duct, and airflow control devices. With the breadth of our product offerings and engineering capabilities we can offer broad turnkey solutions or targeted niche products depending on our customer’s needs and desires.
Critical Process System Group offers competitive compensation and a complete benefits package that includes: Annual Performance-Based Bonuses, Pay Based on Skill Level and Overtime Potential – Earn Extra Money! Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Short/Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance. 401k deferral and match program, PTO and Paid Holidays and Employee Assistance Program.
Perfect Attendance Recognition with Monetary Awards, Discounted Gym Membership, Paid Volunteer Time Off, Above & Beyond Recognition, Free Boots and Company Gear, Wellness Program with challenges, incentives and rewards all year!
Just for Fun: Taco Truck Day, Wellness Fair, Cornhole Tournaments, Fun Contests with Prizes, Birthday Recognition, Smoothie Truck Day
If you are looking for a future with a company known for its inventiveness and passion for progress, look no further...... your career is right here!
- Pay Type Hourly
- 480 Hercules Dr, Colchester, VT 05446, USA