Test Line Technician
SUMMARY: This position involves working with the Test line Lead and Field Service Lead to test, maintain, and repair high-purity teflon and stainless steel plumbing, electrical controls wiring, and mechanical distribution systems. The Test Technician has a thorough understanding of chemical and gas distribution system design and operation, including the process equipment served. There able to troubleshoot and determine the root cause of problems in order to test the systems and ensure a quality product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Ability to read a tape measure.
- Ability to use a multimeter.
- Understand basics of electrical theory.
- Basic knowledge of hand and power tools and how to safely use them.
- Able to assist with installation of components and tubing.
- Ability to identify different materials used: PFA, PP, PVC, HDPE, & PVDF.
- Must be able to read, comprehend and follow directions.
- Able to read and follow instruction manuals.
- Must be able to read schematics with supervision.
- Able to follow a basic process diagrams with assistance.
- Must be able to fit-up an electrical panel with supervision.
- Able to assist with the installation of low voltage panels.
- Able to assist with the field installation of electrical components.
- Must be able to set-up CDA/N2 assemblies with supervision
- Able to follow airlines from Solenoid block to valves.
- Able to identify different types and sizes of Pipe & Tubing.
- Able to identify different screw/bolt sizes and types.
- Able to assist in performing system pressure test with supervision.
- Proficient knowledge of proper safety & risks associated with Pressure Testing.
- Has basic knowledge & understanding of where to place pressure gauges & safety Pressure reliefs.
- Understands pressure testing charge and discharge locations.
- Basic understanding of system functionality.
SPECIFICATIONS and QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each of the following duties. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Basic Knowledge of working safely with hazardous chemicals and automated distribution systems.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to recognize abnormal or deviating operations.
- Mechanical knowledge - use of hand and power tools, maintenance on pumps and mechanical systems, distribution system installation and construction.
- Basic electrical knowledge – Low Voltage & High Voltage DC and AC electrical circuits, wiring and troubleshooting power, control, instrumentation and communications circuits.
- Knowledge of basic multimeter skills (Ohm, Volts, Current, Amps-mA)
- Pumps knowledge - operation, maintenance and repair of electric centrifugal and pneumatic diaphragm.
- Hydraulics knowledge - fluid flow, pressure losses, viscosity, specific gravity.
- Pneumatics knowledge - solenoid valves and air operated valve actuation.
- PC skills- Word, Excel, intranet, network file management.
- Ability to read and troubleshoot blue prints, wiring diagrams, written procedures and technical manuals.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to complete technical projects without supervision.
- Excellent communication and customer relation skills.
- Ability to work overtime if needed.
Education and/or experience preferred
Associates Degree & or relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to read/write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from small and large groups
Ability to apply mathematical skills and analyze performance trends in data; Demonstrated experience applying basic structured problem-solving and decision-making tools and methods.
Ability to identify problems, collect information, establish facts, and suggest solutions; Ability to develop and support conclusions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift and move material. The employee frequently is required to walk, bend, lift and use arms, hands and fingers to reach, lift, handle, and feel products. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move products up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics include periodic noise increases, although for the most part the environment is usually quiet. Safety glasses, work boots, and other required protection should be worn when out in the shop area.
Don’t live local to Boise, ID but been intrigued by what it has to offer? Relocation is always a possibility for the right candidate! Check out this information to get a better feel of the area:
CPS (an Exyte Group Company) is a group of manufacturing and design companies providing innovative product solutions to the semiconductor, life science, chemical processing, gas systems, wastewater, mining, power generation and other industries. We provide a broad range of products & services including liquid, chemical, and gas storage, blending, and delivery control, pre-fabricated high purity process utility modules, corrosive fume exhaust duct, and airflow control devices. With the breadth of our product offerings and engineering capabilities we can offer broad turnkey solutions or targeted niche products depending on our customer’s needs and desires.
Critical Process System Group offers competitive compensation and a complete benefits package that includes: Annual Performance-Based Bonuses, Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Short/Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance. 401k deferral and match program, PTO and Paid Holidays and Employee Assistance Program.
Paid Volunteer Time Off, Above & Beyond Recognition, Birthday Recognition, Wellness Program with challenges, incentives and rewards all year!
If you are looking for a future with a company known for its inventiveness and passion for progress, look no further...... your career is right here!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Boise, ID 83713, USA
- Boise, ID, USA