Senior Project Manager
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for managing the project management group and project schedules associated with the chemical and/or gas system designs, implementing new procedures and communication of the schedule throughout the business value stream.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following;
- Manage the Project Management group to ensure internal and customer project schedules are met.
- Manage system project coordination/communicate status to management, sales and/or customer.
- Maintain project schedule/communicate delays or choke points as escalations to dept. manager.
- Verify completion of product QC and testing procedures to satisfy customer requirements and develop any required support documentation as required.
- Work with the DFS team on system quoting and proposals.
- Maintain liaison between internal organization departments, sales, management and (as needed) customers to communicate project status and coordinate activities.
- Participate with executive management in the creation and implementation of best in class business processes. Train and oversee the disciplined use of the business process. Provide positive and critical feedback as appropriate.
- Enforce accountability for productivity, quality, safety, and adherence to production schedules throughout the value stream.
- Work with the manufacturing team on system construction as needed to keep DFS on schedule. Lead project status discussions during production schedule review meetings.
- Work with upper management to develop system procedures and documentation associated with the chemical and/or gas systems.
- Coordinate commissioning and training of chemical and/or gas systems with the end user.
- Interface productively with third party partners including engineering resources, construction managers, chemical providers and material suppliers as needed in support of projects.
- Project coordination associated with DFS product production. Project manager will be responsible for product schedules and coordination/lead of the weekly meetings.
- Establish, enforce, and maintain accountability for adherence to quality standards and training, development of qualified / talented workforce.
- Develop and maintain Project Management procedures and workflows associated with group.
- Develop and maintain Project Management standards.
- Maintain accountability for adherence to safety standards in performance and schedules.
- Continually improve employee productivity.
- Work with other team members to develop system procedures and documentation associated with chemical systems.
- Participate with DFS team in the creation and implementation of business processes.
- Assist in recruiting, developing and maintaining an effective Project Management staff.
- Conduct performance evaluations and provide ongoing feedback to direct report staff.
- Carry out performance management and disciplinary action, as needed.
- Maintain a fair, productive, team oriented environment.
- Track attendance, approve time-off requests, and review and approve timecards weekly.
- Interact professionally with customers and respond to customer needs requests in a timely and honest manner.
- Adhere and execute to project budgets.
- All other duties as required.
- Project management
- Ability to interact professionally with all types and levels management.
- Excellent team working skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent service attitude.
- Ability to prioritize and schedule workload.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
SPECIFICATIONS and QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understanding of the following areas; technical writing, procedure development, training personnel, interaction with the customer and internal company personnel in a professional manner.
- Experience setting, communicating, and achieving goals and maintaining accountability.
- Facilitate regular core team meetings and demonstrated experience managing/motivating a team.
- Proficiency with computer applications including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to write status reports and general business correspondence; present information and respond to questions from individuals or groups.
Education and/or experience
4 years of Supervisory or Management experience, 4 year degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum five years Project management, operational and construction of OEM equipment a plus.
- Demonstrated exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools including Microsoft Project
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from small and large groups
Ability to apply mathematical skills and analyze performance trends in data; demonstrated experience applying structured problem-solving and decision-making tools and methods.
Ability to analyze financial information, identify discrepancies and provide solutions; Ability to identify problems, collect information, establish facts, and suggest solutions; Ability to develop and support conclusions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift and move material. The employee frequently is required to walk, bend, lift and use arms, hands and fingers to reach, lift, handle, and feel products. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move products up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics include periodic noise increases, although for the most part the environment is usually quiet. Safety glasses and other required protection should be worn when out in the shop area.
Don’t live local to Boise, ID but been intrigued by what it has to offer? Relocation is always a possibility for the right candidate! Check out this information to get a better feel of the area:
CPS (an Exyte Group Company) is a group of manufacturing and design companies providing innovative product solutions to the semiconductor, life science, chemical processing, gas systems, wastewater, mining, power generation and other industries. We provide a broad range of products & services including liquid, chemical, and gas storage, blending, and delivery control, pre-fabricated high purity process utility modules, corrosive fume exhaust duct, and airflow control devices. With the breadth of our product offerings and
engineering capabilities we can offer broad turnkey solutions or targeted niche products depending on our customer’s needs and desires.
Critical Process System Group offers competitive compensation and a complete benefits package that includes: Annual Performance-Based Bonuses, Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Short/Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance. 401k deferral and match program, PTO and Paid Holidays and Employee Assistance Program.
Paid Volunteer Time Off, Above & Beyond Recognition, Birthday Recognition, Wellness Program with challenges, incentives and rewards all year!
If you are looking for a future with a company known for its inventiveness and passion for progress, look no further...... your career is right here!
- Pay Type Salary
- Boise, ID 83713, USA
- Boise, ID, USA