QA QC Director - NEHP
NEHP and ENGVT are an EPC (engineer, procure, construct) firm with locations in Williston, VT, Dallas, TX, and Phoenix, AZ. We specialize in the design and off-site construction of process piping systems for semiconductor fabrication facilities. The chip production infrastructure in the US is expanding at a record-breaking pace, with new fabs being built by major players like Intel, Micron, Samsung, TSMC, and Global Foundries all over the US. Bringing our "Productivity by Design" skillset to the construction process, we alleviate the skilled labor shortage commonly faced by these billion-dollar projects. Our engineering first, construction productivity focus makes us a key part of the client's project team.
SUMMARY NEHP is expanding its operations to multiples states and projects. To support operational growth, the organization needs additional quality management, director level resources. The Director QA/QC - NEHP is responsible for ensuring that the quality assurance plan is fully implemented. Responsible for delegating and assigning tasks to direct staff and working closely with Project Managers, Superintendents, and Operations Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adopts and promotes the NEHP commitment to always provide a safe workplace that strives for an Incident Free Workplace, where everyone goes home safe every day
- Ensures company safety policies and the Site-Specific Plan are proactively communicated and consistently enforced on all projects
- Directly responsible for NEHP’s overall quality assurance program
- Maintains and modifies all NEHP quality policy and procedures to comply with the latest standards and requirements
- Ensures Company standards as outlined in quality control (assurance) manuals are effectively implemented
- Provides leadership, oversight and guidance to staff, meets with field/project leadership to ensure the project’s needs are being met in accordance with established QA/QC service standards
- If specifications and code compliance is involved, special training or equipment, ensures company and employees comply with all requirements
- Provides administrative and technical direction to all quality control personnel; including personnel administration, resolution of technical problems, development/approval of in-house training, annual performance reviews, mentoring, etc.
- Maintains knowledge of each project’s specifications and code compliance requirements
- Understands and directs all quality assurance policies and responsibilities required by NEHP customers and clients
- Prepares, obtains approval, issues, and implements company quality control (assurance) program manuals in compliance with Owner, Client, Contract, Industry and Company requirements
- Acts as liaison with Owner, regulatory agencies, subcontractors, and/or internal departments on quality- related matters, as required
- Meets and develops relationship with clients and their quality representative
- Conducts regular quality assurance inspections of jobsites making immediate corrections when possible and finding solutions when not. Ensures compliance with the customer and NEHP Quality Assurance Program
- Documents and reports all major quality assurance non-conformance reports or issues to the appropriate Project Managers, Superintendents, and Operations Management
- Integrates QA/QC services and staffing with project planning and pre-construction activities; encourage and coordinate early QA/QC involvement in highly technical and/or contractually complex projects, as required by the project teams
- Defines metrics and monitors QA/QC performance to ensure continuous operations improvement. Regularly evaluates quality and performance benchmarks, and the risks and challenges associated with the QA/QC program
- Trains each quality manager in company requirements for quality assurance inspections, surveillance and reporting
- Other duties as assigned
SPECIFICATIONS and QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Track record in building and leading teams to achieve great business results in a fast paced environment
- Proven capability to participate in cross-functional teams providing procurement, construction operations, product, manufacturing and engineering as well as QAQC services
- Excellent program management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take responsibility and stay focused on a problem until an effective solution is found
- Practical knowledge and experience in applying lean tools to all business processes
- Ability to instill a continuous improvement mindset in the organization
- Critical and conceptual thinker who is able to challenge the status quo
- Works well under time pressure and makes decisions and recommendations with high amounts of embedded uncertainty
- Consistently meets commitments to the business and to others
- Quickly translate business requirements into actions by defining "who does what by when" to ensure plans are executed
- Very high standard for deliverables
- Effective collaboration across functions and geographies
- A confident, mature person with the ability to connect, inspire and influence others without direct reporting relationships.
- Team oriented with a priority on organizational goals, motivated by accomplishments rather than power
Education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- American Society of Non-Destruction Testing (ASNT) Level 3 required
- Certified Weld Inspector (CWI) preferred
- 15+ years of relevant experience
- QA/QC inspection and management experience
- Minimum of 5 years in construction and/or process-equipment industries
- Demonstrated exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and financial documents
CPS (an Exyte Group Company) is a group of manufacturing and design companies providing innovative product solutions to the semiconductor, life science, chemical processing, gas systems, wastewater, mining, power generation and other industries. We provide a broad range of products & services including liquid, chemical, and gas storage, blending, and delivery control, pre-fabricated high purity process utility modules, corrosive fume exhaust duct, and airflow control devices. With the breadth of our product offerings and
engineering capabilities we can offer broad turnkey solutions or targeted niche products depending on our customer’s needs and desires.
Critical Process System Group offers competitive compensation and a complete benefits package that includes: Annual Performance-Based Bonuses, Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Short/Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance. 401k deferral and match program, PTO and Paid Holidays and Employee Assistance Program.
Paid Volunteer Time Off, Above & Beyond Recognition, Birthday Recognition, Wellness Program with challenges, incentives and rewards all year!
If you are looking for a future with a company known for its inventiveness and passion for progress, look no further...... your career is right here!
- Pay Type Salary
- Chandler, AZ, USA