Production - Part-Time Weekend Packager
Urgently Hiring for 25+ Part-Time Packaging Positions!
Shift: Monday - Friday 4:00PM - 8:30PM and optional Saturdays 7:00AM - 3 :30PM
Assemble packaging, like boxes or crates, label and record what is packed, inspect packaging for tears, cracks and dents, and make sure the materials inside are packed in a way to minimize breakage during transit.
* Responsible for stacking and piling goods into correct containers and preparing for shipment using various warehouse equipment
* Interprets work orders to assure materials are packaged in the proper containers with proper labeling
* Palletize materials as specified in the standard operating procedures to assure accurate packaging and filling
* Keep track of inventory
* Check to ensure materials are damage-free
* Verify if items pulled out of package are correct
* Remove completed or defective products or materials, placing them on moving equipment such as conveyors or in specified areas such as loading docks
* Mark and label containers, container tags, or products using marking tools
* Seal containers or materials, using glues, fasteners, nails, and hand tools
* Move completed packages for loading
* Count items
* Review packing lists
* All other duties as assigned
* Reliable transportation for travel between Dearborn and Detroit sites (1.5 miles apart)
* High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
* Ability to read, write, and communicate in English
* Ability to work independently or within a team environment
* Adhere to all safety regulations and procedures in a warehouse environment
* Ability to work in warehouse environment
* Ability to continuously stand for 8-10 hours a day, able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and tolerate seasonal temperature changes within warehouse
* Employees in all warehouse positions must be able to immediately perceive auditory warning signals such as bells, alarms, and horns that are used to warn employees of the start-up, movement, or approach of equipment (including forklifts, turrets, overhead cranes, conveyors, trucks, and other equipment operated inside or outside the warehouse), mechanical abnormalities, and similar risk situations during warehouse operations
Crown Staffing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Job Family DIR
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $15.00
- Required Education High School
- 14225 Warren Ave, Dearborn, MI 48126, USA