Who are we?
Whether you’re building your time in the sky or your career on the ground...we hope to be your next destination.
CommuteAir is striving to be the regional airline that our passengers and employees are looking for. Our role in your career as a regional airline is an important one that we take seriously. Community, mentorship, training, and growth are all part of our DNA – we want to make your vision of a successful career in the aviation industry a reality.
Where are we going?
We are a dedicated United Airlines partner that operates over 1,600 weekly flights – doing our part to connect people and their communities to the world via United’s Global Network.
Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio – we operate multiple hubs throughout the mid-continent with our large fleet of Embraer 145 XR aircraft. With major hubs in Denver, Houston, and Washington Dulles, and additional maintenance hangars in Houston, Albany, and Lincoln. We’ve grown significantly over the past 35 years, and know that you will too.
Together We Soar.
Your success is our success.
Community is everything to us at CommuteAir. Our diverse team is here to provide you with the tools you need to succeed – By adopting a data-driven approach, we’re innovating the traditional path to mainline by raising the bar and setting the standard for employee training and development. We offer our team comprehensive benefits, competitive pay, internal advancement programs, and personal access to flight benefits on the Star Alliance network for yourself and your family.
What the position is:
Our Flight Attendants perform or assist in the performance of all safety procedures. The responsibilities range from dealing with passenger, de-escalating issues, maintaining a safe flight, and attending to passenger needs.
General requirements & qualifications:
- At least 21 years of age
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Must be in possession of a valid United States or foreign passport with applicable VISAs. Must have the right to travel freely in and out of the United States, to and from all cities served by CommutAir without restriction (including Canada)
- Fluent in the English language, both written and spoken
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum 2 years of customer service experience
- Must be able to work out of any of our crew bases. Bases are located in IAD, DEN, and IAH.
- Must be able to pass a DOT/FAA pre-employment and randomized drug screens which include screens for marijuana, cocaine, opiates, amphetamines, etc. Medical marijuana is prohibited due to this position being a safety-sensitive function
- Pass a 10-year background history, including a criminal background check. If you have been convicted of a criminal misdemeanor or felony within the last five years, you are not eligible for a crewmember position due to Canadian Immigration Regulations. Canada also has a strict inadmissible class or status that includes no conviction of DWI/DUI. If you have been on probation or convicted of a DWI/DUI or misdemeanor within the last 10 years, you are not eligible for a crewmember position unless you show proof that you have received a letter of approval from Canada.
- Ability to push/pull/lift objects weighing up to 70 lbs. and be able to push, pull, or move a beverage cart
- Must have a minimum height of 5'0" and a maximum height of 5'9" without shoes. Due to the internal size of our aircraft, there are no exceptions to the height requirement
- Standing or walking for extended periods
- Complying with all FARs, TSA, and DOT regulations
- Applying and executing duties in a fast and efficient manner to result in on-time arrivals and departures
- Possess the physical strength to reach and operate all emergency equipment and exits. Must have sufficient mobility, strength, and dexterity, in both arms, hands, and legs
- To reach upward, sideways, and downward to the location of emergency exit and exit-slide operating mechanisms;
- To grasp and push, pull, turn, or otherwise manipulate those mechanisms;
- To push, shove, pull, or otherwise open emergency exits
- Demonstrated ability to work in aircraft aisles and galleys, standing, reaching (extended in front and to the side of the body and above the head), walking, kneeling, bending, twisting, working in a cramped or awkward position, and squatting
- Fit into the jump seat and harness without any modifications
- Ability to comply with company uniform and grooming standards at all times while on duty. Tattoos must not be visible at any time (Examples of visible tattoos include, but are not limited to: Hands, arms, neck, face, legs, and feet)
- Allergies must be effectively managed; allergen exposure includes but is not limited to the following: nuts, animals, latex gloves, perfumes, cleaning solvents, fumes, dust, and other such particles
- Ability to walk and fit comfortably down the aircraft aisle while facing forward and able to fit quickly through the overwing exit
- Ability to hear and respond to customer and crew communications in situations with high background noise
- Outdoor exposure to weather
- Job Family Crew
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- 2800 N Terminal Rd, Houston, TX 77032, USA
- Houston, TX, USA