Thermal - I&C Technician IV
The I&C Tech IV is responsible for day-to-day preventative maintenance and repair of the instrumentation and controls at the Cordia Energy Center Phoenix facilities.
- Inspect, test, troubleshoot, configure, repair, calibrate, and install mechanical, pneumatic, electric, and hydraulic control components and instrumentation.
- Perform electrical maintenance work as needed.
- Locate causes of defective or intermittent instruments, report findings to supervisor, and execute installation, repair or replacement and commissioning as required.
- Maintain logs, manuals, records, blueprints and operating procedures and provide written reports on control system conditions when required.
- Coordinate and schedule with other plants, customers and contractors as necessary to accomplish installation and maintenance objectives consistent with schedules, quality and cost management.
- Direct and train technicians to improve efficiency and technical skills.
- Solve complex hardware and software problems.
- Perform DCS programming, troubleshooting, repair and installation activities.
- Develop new programs and enhancements to existing programs.
- Perform software maintenance of process system computers and monitoring systems.
- Use Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) effectively to accomplish required maintenance in and efficient and organized manner.
- Stand in for plant operations when necessary.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Adjusts quickly to change; remains flexible and productive in times of continuing change. Supports and champions change processes.
- Gathers data; identifies issues; relates and compares; identifies cause-effect; interprets different viewpoints; determines and takes a course of action after identifying and developing possible consequences.
- Expresses ideas clearly and effectively both orally and in writing; adjusts language or terminology to the characteristics of the audience; uses appropriate organization, structure and grammar in written.
- Seeks, acquires and promptly applies new knowledge and skills, including interpersonal skills, new technology, business-related information and emerging industry.
- Generates creative solutions to work situations; tries different and novel ways to deal with organizational problems and opportunities. Develops systems or work processes to increase efficiency and production.
- Considers the needs and feelings of others; remains aware of the impact of personal behavior.
- Maintains high personal standards of performance, responsibility and professionalism.
Associate degree in a related technical area or equivalent experience as senior technician. Extensive knowledge of distributed control systems such as: Allen Bradley, GE PACSystems RX3i, Johnson Controls and/or Wonderware. Extensive knowledge of digital/analog electronics, instrumentation, controls and peripheral equipment. Proficiency in implementation and maintenance of distributed control systems. Some proficiency in contract management. Proven skills in leading/directing small teams of technicians. Knowledge of power plant and/or large heating and cooling plant processes.
Cordia Energy, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
- Job Family Union - HCEC
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $34.62
- Max Hiring Rate $41.83
- Tempe, AZ, USA