Surveillance Operator $22 per hour
6131 Telegraph Rd, Commerce, CA 90040, USA Req #1621
Tuesday, April 18, 2023
Commerce Casino is the world’s largest card casino offering more than 200 tables. Established in 1983, the casino values its staff of over 2,500 employees and is proud to be known as “Where the World Comes to Play.” Commerce Casino offers a comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), vacation time, and much more!
*** THIS POSITION IS ELIGIBLE FOR A $2,000 SIGN-ON BONUS AND WORKS ALL SHIFTS INCLUDIN GRAVEYARD, WEEKENDS, AND HOLIDAYS. ***
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Observes and reports on all areas under surveillance to assure compliance with the Casino’s in-house regulations and in-house gaming policies and procedures, including identification of cheating activities and undesirable patrons, pilferage, embezzlement and any irregularity, in order to provide protection of corporate assets and liabilities.
- Responsible for observing and reporting on all areas under surveillance such as all casino games, count room, bar areas and casino cage.
- Responsible for investigating reports, videotape rotation and all special projects as assigned.
- Communicates with casino, cage and security personnel etc... Must be able to make common sense decisions and determination regarding irregular activities and exercise care and judgment in handling of sensitive information.
- Assumes the duties and responsibilities of the Surveillance Supervisor in his absence and will notify the Surveillance Supervisor or Surveillance Manager regarding on anything of importance before rendering any major decisions.
- Works with all departments outside law enforcement agencies in providing surveillance information network when advised to do so, and provide court testimony when subpoenaed.
- Studies all phases of gaming operations and regulations and also attends classes in related fields to keep abreast of the latest information, i.e., protection of casino games and casino operations and management.
- Must be familiar with setting up and using the various functions of the surveillance console, learn to correctly call up cameras for specific areas, and make proper adjustments to obtain the best possible coverage available. Must become adept to camera movement and various camera angles.
- Must be familiar and acclimated with areas within the confines of the casino property and with the layout of table games and other facilities of the casino.
- Responsible for learning the filing systems used in the department, be familiar with department rules and procedures, as well as with all reference guides and also be familiar with all forms and print outs (gaming reports) and the information provided by each report, as well as learn how the data is applied to daily surveillance routines.
- Handles all business transactions in a professional manner and maintains a high level of communication and rapport with all departments and also be familiar with supervisors and shift managers with whom they deal on a day-to-day basis.
- Learns handling and care of video cassette recorders (VCR’s) and miscellaneous office equipment.
- Maintain a good attitude at all times. When breakdowns occur, each operator will assist in a teamwork effort to solve the problem. Common sense will be the number one criteria for the surveillance operators’ decision. Operators will not over-react in a decision. If you are not sure of what to do, ask your immediate supervisor.
- Must learn to be able to write/type reports, use the departmental forms, and be able to complete all reports as it pertains to surveillance.
- Must become familiar with all games, other departments within the Casino, game protection and also understand the basic casino games and areas related to it.
- Performs all other work-related duties as assigned by the Surveillance Supervisor.
Work Experience: Reasonable knowledge of table games. Education: High School Diploma and/or equivalent combination of work experience and education. Other Requirements: Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English. Possess excellent verbal and interpersonal skills. Must demonstrate a positive/enthusiastic approach to all assignments and be a team player. Must be clean, well-groomed, and have a professional appearance. Attendance and punctuality are an essential function of the position.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 6131 Telegraph Rd, Commerce, CA 90040, USA