Marketing & Community Relations Representative $65K annual
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Serve as an ambassador for The Commerce Casino & Hotel on behalf of the Marketing Director and/or Government & Community Affairs Director at community or political events, on- and off-property.
2. Establish/strengthen relationships with members of surrounding communities, industry groups, local and state officials, and media groups.
3. Establish an effective working relationship with all operating departments, business partners, clients and vendors; demonstrates a high level of professionalism and integrity in his/her interactions with all parties.
4. Plan and coordinate community events including, but not limited to location, date time and any other aspects of the event.
5. Prepare, research, draft and/or prepare presentation material, correspondence and reports for the Marketing Director and/or Government & Community Affairs Director.
6. Make decisions and reply on behalf of the Marketing Director, to any player and team member questions, complaints or problems in a prompt and courteous manner.
7. Responsible for performing a wide variety of executive administrative support activities including, but not limited to, tracking marketing activity, compiling and maintaining community/political lists, data entry, time sheets, generating purchase requisitions, check requests and support material to ensure invoices are paid.
8. Maintain all files and records in accordance with company recordkeeping requirements.
9. Understands and follows departmental and Company policies and procedures.
10. Performs all other duties as assigned by the Director of Marketing and/or Government & Community Affairs Director.
The duties listed are not set forth for the purposes of limiting the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the many duties normally to be performed under a position title or those to be assigned and performed temporarily outside of an employee’s normal line of work.
Work Experience Required: A minimum of three years of marketing, advertising agency, public or community relations experience. Solid experience in administration, project coordination, effective communication, documentation and reporting.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, public/community relations or equivalent combination of work experience and education required.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, have the ability to safeguard confidential information.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft 365, including proficiency in Word, Powerpoint, Teams, and OneNote; general knowledge of Excel.
- Must have excellent and effective communication skills, both verbal and written, with demonstrably high emotional intelligence, customer service, and relationship building skills.
- Ability to meet scheduled and/or flexible deadlines with minimal supervision and effectively manage multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Ability to stand and walk the entire shift, excluding breaks and meal periods, when necessary.
- Able to lift over 20 lbs.
- Outstanding attendance/punctuality.
- Must be able and willing to work a flexible schedule, to include evenings, weekends and holidays, and attend off-property events on behalf of the company when necessary.
- Must have and/or obtain a Gaming License.
Commerce Casino operates 24 hours, 7 days a week. Schedules may vary depending on business needs.
- Pay Type Salary
- 6131 Telegraph Rd, Commerce, CA 90040, USA