Gaming Support Technician $18 per Hour
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Supports software, hardware, and firmware throughout the enterprise with emphasis in the casino gaming areas. This can include, but not limited to, all casino management systems, user management systems, table gaming systems, IoT devices, desktop systems, servers, mechanical gaming devices, etc.
2. Performs routine to complex preventative maintenance and repair work on all mechanical, electrical and computer equipment and systems throughout the enterprise with emphasis in the casino gaming areas.
3. Protect and maintain integrity of assets including all game equipment.
4. Maintains logs and records of work performed and materials and equipment used.
5. Tracks and maintains inventory, order supplies, parts, equipment, and materials.
6. Effectively communicate with supervisors and obtain required approvals and acknowledgements according to established policies and procedures.
7. Interact with department and colleagues in a professional and positive manner to foster good rapport, promote team spirit, and ensure effective two-way and cross-cultural communications.
8. Prepare and submit for approval purchase orders for equipment, parts, and supplies.
9. Ensure all equipment is cleaned and rotated as required to ensure longevity.
10. Responsible for maintaining and organizing the equipment workshop.
11. Must be available for 24-hour departmental maintenance service as needed.
12. Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
The duties listed are not set forth for the purposes of limiting the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the many duties normally to be performed under a position title or those to be assigned and performed temporarily outside of an employee’s normal line of work.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must have knowledge of standard machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
- Must have experience using hand and power tools safely and effectively.
- Must have competency in basic computer functions and networking concepts.
- Industry technical certification(s) a plus.
- At the discretion of the Commerce Casino and Hotel you may be required to obtain and maintain various gaming system certifications and training for repair and maintenance.
ideas to a diversity of people; Ability to work unsupervised, prioritize work and make basic analytic decisions. Computer skills; Detail oriented; Excellent organizational skills; Positive/enthusiastic approach to all assignments; Attendance and punctuality are an essential function of the position; Must be clean, well groomed, and have a professional appearance.
- Ability to lift approximately 30 lbs.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to articulate messages, information, and ideas to a diversity of people.
- Ability to work unsupervised, prioritize work and make basic analytic decisions.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities. Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of the Commerce Casino & Hotel and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and responds to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Must be fluent in reading, writing, understanding, and speaking English.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Awareness, knowledge, and understanding of equipment related game and asset protection.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Ability to adapt and embrace technological changes.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite, equipment/asset inventory, and maintenance software applications.
- Must be a self-motivated self-starter with a positive attitude and be resourceful with limited supervision.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and culturally diverse casino environment.
- Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
- Ability to prioritize initiatives and communicate effectively with leadership on these priorities.
- Ability to handle complex issues and problems.
- Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 6131 Telegraph Rd, Commerce, CA 90040, USA