Associate Project Analyst
This role will analyze and assess research project financial and contractual progress and design and implement processes to improve efficiency. In addition, provide overall project execution support to Research Divisions and their supporting team members, including, supplying guidance/assistance on contractual requirements, project work statements, and project budgets.
CNA fosters an inclusive culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Our flexible and engaging work environment encourages iterative and creative collaboration at every stage of the problem-solving process. Our employees are committed to helping clients develop effective solutions to better manage their programs through scientific, data-driven approaches. We are looking for creative and innovative individuals to help carry out our mission.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND/OR DUTIES
1. Develop tools, processes, and dashboards to allow research staff to easily monitor projects for timeliness, costs, and deliverables. Tools and processes should draw from existing data sources to provide near real-time insight.
2. Develop and help implement new digital/automated processes and tools to streamline project support across the FFRDC. Serve as the lead on process improvement efforts as directed by the Project Administration Group (PAG) Director, Program Manager, or Executive Vice President.
3. Provide financial analytic support to the PAG Director, Program Manager, and/or Executive Vice President to provide regular insight on project execution, revenue, and backlog. Assist PAG Director in preparation of monthly financial reports.
4. Assist division research program directors and project directors as needed with preparing and submitting project work statements and ensuring contract compliance for a diverse group of clients and contracts. Coordinate the submission of project work statements and project addenda and ensure proper closing of division projects.
5. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Data Science, Economics, Statistics, Management, or similar fields or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience. Project Management Professional (PMP) or Lean Six Sigma experience/certification also a plus.
2. Experience: Relevant experience demonstrated from course work and/or relevant work history including internships. Experience with the federal government (either as a federal employee/intern or contractor) is a plus.
3. Skills: Develops solutions to routine technical problems of limited scope following detailed instructions. Work is supervised. Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Office (Excel, Word, Access, Teams, etc.), cost analysis and financial software tools as well as statistical/graphical software applications. Knowledge of or ability to quickly learn PowerBI. Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, attention to detail, and organizational skills. Ability to work under pressure and to interact with contractors, management, and other levels of personnel. Self-starter who is willing and able to carry an initiative from beginning to end.
4. Other: May be required to work extended hours on specific projects. Ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance.
5. Remote/Hybrid Work Eligibility: This position is eligible for telecommuting or hybrid work arrangements at the discretion of the Supervisor. Employees may be required to work at CNA headquarters or other work locations resulting in changes to the scheduled telecommuting or hybrid work arrangements.
Please include a personal statement as part of your application. A personal statement is a chance for us to get to know you. The statement is your opportunity to share your goals, interests, influences and show us that you will be a valuable asset to our organization. Please click here for personal statement guidelines – Click here
Personal statements will not be used as an elimination criteria for this position. They will only be used to enhance a candidate’s application
CNA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service and protected veterans, or other non-merit based factors. In addition to federal legal requirements, CNA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. These protections extend to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting and hiring practices, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training and career development programs. For more information about EEO protections, please view the EEO is the law posters here: "EEO is the Law" Poster", "EEO Poster Supplement". The pay transparency policy is available here: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Poster. To be considered for hire, all individuals applying for positions with CNA are subject to a background investigation. For positions requiring access to classified information, U.S. citizenship is required. Individuals will also be subject to an additional government background investigation, and continued employment eligibility is contingent upon the ability to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
- Job Family Program/Project Administration
- Job Function Career Path III - Professional
- Employment Indicator (none)
- CNA, 3003 Washington Blvd, Arlington, Virginia, United States of America