(this is a part time on call position)
CNA is an independent, nonprofit research and analysis organization dedicated to the safety and security of the nation. For 80 years, our scientific rigor and real-world approach to data has been indispensable to leaders facing complex problems. CNA employs operations research to address military questions in the Center for Naval Analyses and domestic challenges in the Institute for Public Research.
We are looking for a Sr. Fellow to advise Research Division Vice Presidents, Research Team Leaders and/or President & CEO on issues related to area of expertise.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND/OR DUTIES
1. Provides input and advice to CNA leadership staff.
2. Reviews papers, briefings and project approaches that are technical or operational in nature.
3. Identifies project opportunities and executes them, as appropriate.
4. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field required; advanced degree preferred. Experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
2. Experience: Fifteen years of operational and/or policy experience directly related to area of expertise is required.
3. Skills: Demonstrated expertise in dealing with analytic aspects of expertise area; ability to identify issues and find ways to contribute in an unstructured environment; ability to interact with the research staff and management; ability to interact with sponsors
CNA follows a broad band compensation framework that considers a range of in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience; degree, certifications, other business and organizational needs. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $225K - $235K annually ($108 - $112 hourly).
Please include a personal statement as part of your application. A personal statement is a chance for us to get to know you. The statement is your opportunity to share your goals, interests, influences and show us that you will be a valuable asset to our organization. Please click here for personal statement guidelines – Click here
Personal statements will not be used as an elimination criteria for this position. They will only be used to enhance a candidate’s application
CNA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service and protected veterans, or other non-merit based factors. In addition to federal legal requirements, CNA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. These protections extend to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting and hiring practices, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training and career development programs. For more information about EEO protections, please view the EEO is the law posters here: "EEO is the Law" Poster", "EEO Poster Supplement". The pay transparency policy is available here: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Poster. To be considered for hire, all individuals applying for positions with CNA are subject to a background investigation. For positions requiring access to classified information, U.S. citizenship is required. Individuals will also be subject to an additional government background investigation, and continued employment eligibility is contingent upon the ability to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
- Job Family Research
- Job Function Career Path II - Expert & Research Specialist
- CNA, 3003 Washington Blvd, Arlington, Virginia, United States of America