We are seeking a hands-on Systems Administrator. The ideal candidate must be security conscious, energetic, detail oriented with strong follow-up skills and self-motivated.
General Purpose of the Position:
As a member of the CWI Security and Infrastructure Team, the IT Systems Administrator provides support and maintenance of the operating system environment and various computer systems.This includes but is not limited to system hardware, virtual environments, on prem systems, network software, public cloud infrastructure, public cloud services, and more.The Systems Administrator identifies methods and solutions followed up with planning and implementation to achieve the highest level of performance tuning, recovery procedures for mission critical enterprise systems, and the highest level of service to the customers of the IT department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- In consultation with IT Management and fellow IT staff, schedules, plans and implements new applications. Upgrade, stage, and deploy both physical and virtual server hardware.
- Monitor and manage the day-to-day administrative tasks of a Windows Server multisite environment.
- Analyze system resources and maintain efficiency of physical, virtual, and public cloud servers/services. Perform system upgrades and patching at OS level and application level.
- Maintain image consistency, monitor event logs, and published applications using various ITSM tools.
- Maintain thorough documentation and work with other IT staff to ensure a high level of efficiency and uptime.
- Administers backup and recovery process. Verify that test restores are done on a regular basis.
- Interface with vendors and service providers on a technical level.
- Manage Active Directory structure, network structure and file permission, and printing environment.
- Troubleshoots and resolves server, telephony, and network LAN/WAN issues.
- All other responsibilities as assigned by IT management.
- Maintenance and upkeep of all email systems.
- Experience with various multifactor authentication technologies.
- Four or more years of enterprise system management, monitoring, backup/recovery, and compliance.
- Strong analytical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills across a wide range of technologies.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP networking protocols.
- Experience working with Microsoft Active Directory Services.
- Thorough understanding and experience working with Office365/Microsoft 365.
- Experience working with Exchange (on premise and public cloud.
Interpersonal Skills and Competencies:
· Approachability: Puts others at ease by listening, allowing adequate time for interactions, and giving undivided attention. Shows receptivity to message being delivered.
· Communication Skills: Imparts information both verbally and in writing in a clear manner by sharing the appropriate amount and content of information so that the intended audience understands it. Chooses appropriate medium.
· Composure: Responds to information and situations in a tactful and self-controlled manner. Maintains a calm composed manner during stressful times.
· Cooperation: works well with others by demonstrating flexibility and working in a collaborative manner to meet departmental needs.
· Customer Focus: Builds effective relationships with internal and external customers; identifies customer expectations and sees issues from their point of view; offers practical recommendations.
· Listening: Gives attention to speaker; demonstrates non-verbal cues showing interest, and responds with information or questions, as appropriate.
· Priority Setting: Determines the interrelationships and relative importance of tasks and acts accordingly.
· Self-knowledge: Accurately assesses own strengths and weaknesses
· Teamwork: Looks for ways to build positive relationships on the work team. Demonstrates trust and respect for others.
· Technical Skills: Demonstrates the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform required job element to established standards. Ability to acquire new skills and willingness to learn new technologies
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Frequent sitting, occasional standing and walking, working in confined spaces
- Ability to lift heavy equipment up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends for systems patching, upgrades, installations
- Travel when required
Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition to competitive salaries, the company offers a great employee benefit package for its full-time employees.
- Pay Type Salary
- Michigan City, IN, USA