Health Information Technician
The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless seeks a Health Information Technician for operations and support within the Health Information Management Department while following the applicable policies and procedures established by the CCH Board of Directors and Management staff. This position is located at 2130 Stout Street, Denver, Colorado 80205, and reports to the Health Information Manager.
In addition to the unique challenges and extraordinary rewards of our work, eligible Coalition employees enjoy a rich benefits package, including:
- Health insurance coverage on the first day of employment: full-time employees contribute only 1% of their earnings for their own health coverage and no more than 4% of their earnings for coverage of eligible dependents. We’re proud to offer same- and opposite-sex domestic partner coverage;
- Dental, vision, and flexible spending/dependent care/public transit accounts;
- Free basic life insurance and long-term disability coverage;
- Dollar-for-dollar retirement plan matching contributions up to 5% of earnings;
- Extensive paid time-off, including 8 holidays, 12 days of sick leave, and three weeks of vacation for new full-time employees in their first full year.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains office files that meet legal, auditing, and grantor requirements.
- Preps, scans, and indexes documents into the electronic health record (EHR), and confirms that each document has two correct patient identifiers and document type identifier.
- Assembles patient health information (PHI) and ensures charts (records) are complete, including up-to-date registration forms, consent forms, notice of privacy practice acknowledgments, and other required patient documentation.
- Performs routine chart maintenance and audits for quality, completeness, and accuracy.
- Corrects errors in the EHR that are discovered as the result of audits, including information found in another patient’s chart.
- Oversees the collection, processing, archival, and destruction of paper medical records.
- Attends department and committee meetings as required.
- Demonstrates competency with continued learning and application of the EHR.
- Maintains a work environment that is marked by respect for others, that values inclusiveness and builds workforce diversity, and that fosters cooperation and teamwork
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Employee must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of self or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED required; associate’s or bachelor’s degree in related field of study or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum two years of administrative experience, preferably in the nonprofit sector.
- Current active Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) certification preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
WHERE A CANDIDATE IS PLACED IN THE COMPENSATION RANGE DEPENDS ON TOTAL RELEVANT YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- Job Family Administrative
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $20.00
- Max Hiring Rate $23.53
- Denver, CO, USA