Relationship Banker I (PT)
People Drive Our Success
Are you enthusiastic, highly motivated, and have a strong work ethic? If yes, come join our team! At Cathay Bank – we strive to provide a caring culture that supports your aspirations and success. We believe people are our most valuable asset and we proudly foster growth and development empowering you to achieve your professional goals. We have thrived for 60 years and persevered through many economic cycles due to our team members’ drive and optimism. Together we can make a difference in the financial future of our communities.
Learn more about us at cathaybank.com
- Perform deposits and withdrawal transactions.
- Reconcile and balance teller cash drawer.
- Process outgoing wires.
- Essential functions of Safe Deposit box (e.g. entry, opening, maintenance).
- Assist customers with problem resolution.
- Assist in ATM balancing.
- Detect and report fraudulent or suspicious activities by completing BSA reporting as required, Currency Transactions Reports or Monetary Instrument Reports.
- Perform all aspects of new account opening procedures for all bank products/services.
- Answer customer inquiries, make appropriate financial solutions and recommendations and assist with problem resolution.
- Perform customer service functions such as check orders, change of address, return mail processing, supersede signature cards, and other account maintenance changes.
- Maintain confidentiality of customer information as well as Bank proprietary information.
- Identify sales opportunities to cross-sell bank products and services to ensure customers’ financial goals are met.
- Provide quality personalized customer service, maintain frequent customer contact to expand relationships and ensure customer retention.
- Maintain open communication with Bank business partners and make referrals as appropriate (e.g. Financial Advisors, Mortgage Loan Originators, Commercial Lenders).
- Proactively support branch new business promotions.
- College degree in business, accounting or finance preferred or related work experience.
- 6-12 months of cash handling, customer service in a retail environment, or sales experience preferred. Banking experience is a plus.
- Desire to learn the banking industry, help others, and work in a professional environment.
- PC literate and typing proficient. Previous experience with data entry, 10-key, banking software, and Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook a plus.
- Detail-oriented and organized with good note taking and follow-up skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills – can write clear messages, initiate conversations, and talk to customers about products and services.
- Good listening and interpersonal skills – can listen without interrupting, seeks clarification, responds professionally, and keeps emotions under control in difficult situations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of team.
- Ability to give and receive feedback to improve skills and job knowledge.
- Can maintain good attendance and arrive consistently at scheduled start time.
- Bilingual English/Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese) preferred.
- Able and willing to commute as required for business needs.
$16.50 – $22.00 / hour
Pay determined based on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
Cathay Bank is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe in diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. We welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship, gender, national origin, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions, childbirth and breastfeeding), reproductive health decision-making, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or characteristics, disability or medical condition, military status or status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley póster en español. Poster- Spanish
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley suplemento en español.Supplement- Spanish
Cathay Bank endeavors to make www.CathayBank.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact, Mickey Hsu, FVP, Employee Relations Manager, at (626) 582-7370 or email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.