Commercial Security Service Technician III
GC&E Systems Group seeks experienced a Security Install Technician III for CCTV/Access Control work in our Peachtree Corners, GA office.
Under limited supervision the Electronic Security Technician possesses complete technical competence on all security and ACS systems and the ability to resolve or guide others through very complex problem resolution. Responsible for programming, commissioning, troubleshooting and preventive maintenance of security and ACS systems per contract obligations. Provides detailed information to communicate design to customers, installation or service team and subcontractors.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist with performing a variety of tests to determine whether product functions as specified: determine cause of product failure; analyze test results.
- Responsible for effecting smooth communications and rapport between the customer, other personnel on-site, and company personnel.
- Responsible for keeping the Project Manager aware of the status of the job’s performance needs on a regular basis and in a timely manner.
- Review job files. Review all pertinent data including job layout drawings, specifications and other technical data, as required for a more efficient inspection.
- Responsible for completing all assigned tasks within the specified cost budget and schedule, personally responsible for the quality of work performed.
- Responsible for accurately completing all required documentation (i.e., timesheets, service acknowledgements, quotes, inventory transfer sheets, inspection certificates, etc.) Forward or bring these documents to the office as soon as possible.
- Assist with the completion of all in-house assembly/test/checkout tasks, as required.
- Assist with solving technical challenges as they arise. Help to resolve potential problems before they can have a negative impact on the customer and the company.
- May mentor other Electronic Security Technicians on tools and technology. Serves as a Security Team technical resource. May assist sales in development of cost estimate on complex projects.
- Assists engineering and sales by providing technical recommendations to produce job layouts and bid proposals.
- Other duties as deemed necessary by management.
- Genetec STC & OTC Certifications
- Must have driver’s license and good driving record
- Ability to travel as required
- Ability to report to work during customary or specifically assigned working hours
- Systems Experience with the below manufacturers a plus
- Software House
- Axis Communication
- Honeywell IDS
- Open Options
- Bosch IDS
High School Diploma or GED, Technical College Training plus five years’ experience in installing commercial security systems. Successfully completed basic access control/CCTV/Intrusion Detection Systems manufacturer training. Must possess a thorough understanding of access control/CCTV/ Intrusion Detection Systems via on-the-job training, online training, and/or individual research
GC&E Systems Group, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package to include: paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, LTD & STD, company paid life insurance, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
It is the policy of GC&E Systems Group, Inc. to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by the federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
We affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
We are proud to be an EEO employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and pre-employment drug testing and background checks are required.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Peachtree Corners, GA, USA