Telecommunications Mechanic I
Fort Stewart, GA, USA Req #4853
Wednesday, February 8, 2023
GC&E Systems Group is seeking a Telecommunications Mechanic I.
Essential Job Function:
- Performs work involved in the routine installation, removal, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of voice and/or data communications systems. Works from job layouts, work sequences, and material requirements established by higher level workers, they install and terminate copper core and/or fiber optic house cables. Runs cables, key cables, or house wire to all telephone sets, terminal connectors, lugs, pins, or screws, associated with key telephone equipment and/or terminating equipment for data circuits. Installs and repairs communications equipment such as call stackers, multiple-button sets, extension ringers, coaxial cables, various type connectors, and AB switches.
- Uses standard hand tools and a variety of test equipment such as voltmeters, ohmmeters, current flow and continuity testers, and handsets to locate and diagnose analog and digital telephone set failures.
- Inspects, repairs, modifies, and maintains a variety of telecommunication equipment such as single, dual-line, multiple-button electro-mechanical, and digital telephones.
- Assists higher grade workers in installing, removing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing electronic and electromechanical telephone key systems/PBAXs; intercom and public address systems; alarm systems; and teletype equipment.
- Maintains, installs, de-installs, removes, and moves (as stated on the appropriate service form) all instruments, service lines, and Local Area Network (LAN) service associated with this requirement. This includes all connectors, terminators, pair gain devices, and removal of all unused cable from the work area back to the point of demarcation for the installation.
- Must maintain a Computer Environment Certification such as CompTIA or Security Plus to continue access to the Switch for those in which it applies.
- Must hold and maintain a government SECRET security clearance.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
GC&E Systems Group, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package to include: paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, LTD & STD, company paid life insurance, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
It is the policy of GC&E Systems Group, Inc. to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by the federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
We affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
We are proud to be an EEO employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and pre-employment drug testing and background checks are required.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fort Stewart, GA, USA