Outside Plant (OSP) Technician
Fort Gregg-Adams, VA, USA Req #4906
Friday, February 24, 2023
GC&E Systems is seeking an Outside Plant (OSP) Technician. The candidate for this position will work within our team to support our government Information Technology (IT) and Inside and Outside Plant program with our Fort Lee client. As an OSP Technician, you will be an integral part in ensuring the successful operations and maintenance of the Telecommunications team at Fort Lee.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTION
- Support the Customer Service Telephone [Customer Service Representative Installation and Repair (CSR/I&R)] and OSP services requests, trouble tickets, PMCS of maintenance holes, telephone poles, and pedestals, and all other requirements
- Participation in change management processes and/or associated meetings.
- Predominantly outdoors
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel and reach
- Must be able to speak, write, read, and understand English
- Frequently work at fast pace with unscheduled interruptions
- Must have visual acuity
- Must be able to lift up-to 50 pounds
Experience with the following:
- Fiber, Copper & Coax Installation, Termination & Testing
- Heavy Equipment Operation
- I3A Standards
- EIA/TIA Standards
- Plant-in-Place Drawings
- Analog and VoIP Phone Systems
- Special Circuits
- SECRET Clearance
GC&E Systems Group, LLC (GC&E) offers a competitive benefits package to include paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, LTD & STD, company paid life insurance, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
It is the policy of GC&E to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by the federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
We affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fort Gregg-Adams, VA, USA