Population Health CMA (040623.4) FULL TIME
Certified Medical Assistant opportunity in beautiful Hamilton, Montana!!
Marcus Daly Memorial Hospital is seeking candidates to fill an Certified Medical Assistant position in our Population Health department. The Population Health CMA will play a crucial role in supporting the Care Management team responsibilities for Chronic Care Management (CCM) services, a crucial role in execution and support of MDMH providers applying Population Health methodologies to their practices. Successfully service, monitor and grow strategic relationships to enable achievement of the triple-aim: improved patient experience, improved clinical quality and reduction in total cost of care.
This position involves coordinating and managing high risk, chronically ill patients, and utilizing health coaching techniques to assist patients with self-management of their chronic diseases and lifestyle changes to decrease health risk under the supervision of the Primary Care Provider. Assists in coordination of team-based care for health services through effective partnerships with caregivers/families, community resources, specialty services and outside collaborates in care, advocating for patient/family needs where appropriate. The Population Health CMA role supports psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care; meets the communication needs of patient and family; delivers care that reflects initiative and responsibility indicative of professional expectations.
- Licensures, Certifications, Registrations: CMA graduate of accredited school or certificate program, current Montana certification. Current BLS
- Job Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Flexibility to work in high volume case load environment and deal effectively with rapidly changing priorities
- Experience: Minimum one year caring for patients with chronic disease in clinic or acute care setting required. Previous care coordination, case management, home health, and/or behavioral health experience preferred. Previous experience with mobilizing community resources, navigating patients through the healthcare continuum. Previous experience with health IT systems and data reports preferred
About our Community:
The Bitterroot Valley is located in southwestern Montana and lies between the Bitterroot Mountain Range and the Sapphire Mountains. Hamilton is the largest town and the county seat of Ravalli County with a population of about 45,000 people in the county. The Bitterroot Valley is comprised of several communities such as Darby, Hamilton, Corvallis, Victor, Stevensville and Florence. The Bitterroot is the perfect place to raise a family in a small-town atmosphere with nearby “larger city” amenities. It is the perfect place for individuals who enjoy hunting, fishing, hiking, skiing, golfing and snowmobiling. Montana is appropriately referred to as “The Treasure State” and the Bitterroot Valley is one of Montana’s finest treasures.
Bitterroot Health is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Job Family Z_Historical Jobs
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1200 Westwood Dr, Hamilton, MT 59840, USA